Jelly Bean 4.1 update

Neo4201

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
OK. This might just be a dumb question. But I can't find the answers on my own. I am running jelly bean 4.1 and no issues. I get a notification that the OS wants to update. I agree and when the device reboots it has an installation error. My build is JRN84D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

multo

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Jrn84d is 4.1. The latest jb is jro03c which is 4.1.1. Your unit may not have full stock images that's why the installation aborts

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
How did you get 4.1? Did you happen to flash the image from the leaked/pulled Google I/O build?

If so, when you flashed it, did you flash the proper radio, bootloader and system? If you're missing any of those parts, or have changed any system files, your phone will not OTA properly to 4.1.1.

It'd also help if you could tell us what exactly the error says.

Neo4201

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
The reset brings me to the adb command lines. Installation starts and then stops stating nothing more than "installation aborted". I have no problems at all flashing to other Roms. Recovery. Or adjusting any boot settings. I think that it might just be that I have to be patient and wait for a better ROM. The one I am using is the I/O release copy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
The reset brings me to the adb command lines. Installation starts and then stops stating nothing more than "installation aborted". I have no problems at all flashing to other Roms. Recovery. Or adjusting any boot settings.

ADB command lines do not show up on the phone (that's a command line or terminal thing on your PC or Mac), I think you're getting a bit confused.

I think that it might just be that I have to be patient and wait for a better ROM. The one I am using is the I/O release copy.

So, do you have a completely stock image? Or a custom ROM? You should note my previous post and give us a little more info here. The only way you can accept this 4.1.1 OTA is if you're on a completely stock 4.1 image with stock recovery, radio and bootloader, and no system files changed.

If you're on a custom ROM, you cannot accept this OTA.