How the heck do you use Google Wallet?!

TimboSliceSliceBaby

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Twice since the recent Google Wallet update, I've tried to use Google Wallet only to have it not work and look like an ass hat. (Once at CVS, and once at Whole Foods.) What am I doing wrong? I wait until the price shows up on the screen, and the card reader indicates that it's waiting for payment. Then, I place my phone on the little receiver, and...nothing. Do I need to open GWallet on my device? Do I need to slide my phone around a bit? What's the deal?

Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ROOTED 4.1 VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

MrProph

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
i tried to use it once since the update and nothing i think their machine was broken tho it was flopping around everywhere....the times i use it and it works i will open and unlock it before i step up to the register so its that much quicker then all i have to do is tap it

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine phone ask me for my pin with every transaction. Have you set a default card? Did you wake the phone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thirsty1

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I failed the first time. Just make sure your phone is awake, on home screen or whatever, and transaction is set for credit. It does the same thing as a card but has a real "coolness" factor.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Twice since the recent Google Wallet update, I've tried to use Google Wallet only to have it not work and look like an ass hat. (Once at CVS, and once at Whole Foods.) What am I doing wrong? I wait until the price shows up on the screen, and the card reader indicates that it's waiting for payment. Then, I place my phone on the little receiver, and...nothing. Do I need to open GWallet on my device? Do I need to slide my phone around a bit? What's the deal?

Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ROOTED 4.1 VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Do you have NFC enabled? Are you using a battery with the NFC patch on it?

gesteves

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Strange, I'm having the same problem on my Galaxy Nexus. Google Wallet worked fine until I installed the new version, but now I can't get it to work anywhere. I've tried in a couple of different places where I usually use it, but nothing happens when I tap the scanner anymore (it used to activate Google Wallet almost instantly). Android Beam still works, so I imagine it's not an NFC issue.

Glad I'm not alone, though. I wonder if it's an issue with the new version of the app.

joeynumbers

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I have not tried using Google wallet yet; but I recently read the instructions and I remember it saying to open the app first.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nairb687

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I just used my free 10 dollars from Google this morning. Im on Jelly Bean and I have the newest version of google wallet.

I put the phone up to the credit card reader on the lock screen, google wallet app opened, I put in my pin, and then put the phone back on the credit card reader. I had no issues.

Mobimop

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Most of the time when I use it Google Wallet won't open from the lock screen or any screen so I find myself manually launching GW and typing in my pin, after that everything is great. I've spent over $500 in less than 1.5 weeks recently as I've been in NYC a lot for work and every Duane Reade in the city has PayPass. So nice not to have to carry receipts around!

sanman202

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
You don't need to have the wallet app open, however NFC needs to be enabled in the setttings area. It's under "more" in the settings of Jellybean. I've used it at McDonalds by tapping the phone up to the device they have. The first time I used it it didn't work and then I went back in determined to make it work and it worked like a charm the second time. I've used it twice now without any issues. I believe some merchants have tap and pay and some you may have to hold it close to the machine for the nfc to connect. It's a good way to pay but there aren't many merchants on board yet. Maybe with the mention of all card types being used on wallet that will help more merchants get on board.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae