Video message

calizae74

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if this has been posted before but me and 2 of my friends can't send video messages. We've changed the settings from standard to HD, from 1 to 30 seconds and we still get the same error message that the file can't be added. 2 are running stock ICS and one with JB. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

AzD

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
You have to create the video from within the text messaging app. Then it works fine.

It doesn't have the ability to recompress videos you have taken with the phone outside of the MMS app. You would need to email those, or put them in Dropbox and share the link, or some other solution.

calizae74

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've done that as well. Still the same thing. That's how my friend noticed she wasn't able to send a video using her front facing camera.

kotbn18

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
This might seem stupid but you would be surprised. Reboot the phone. Some strange problems get fixed this way :banghead:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

AzD

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
OK just to be clear, you have to CAPTURE the video from within the MMS app, not just attach it. If that's not working then I have no idea what your problem could be.

Reactions: Downtown Taco

calizae74

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Okay. That worked. Cascading that to my folks now. Thanks. Now how did you make those arrows?

AzD

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Okay. That worked. Cascading that to my folks now. Thanks. Now how did you make those arrows?

In the edit photos screen, tap on the painter's palette icon, and there is an option called "doodle" that lets you doodle on pictures.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21