Nexus stopped charging...but it fixed itself.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a bit of news that hopefully none of you will have to use. As background, I am rooted, but running stock Jellybean.

I was on vacation the other week when My nexus just stopped charging, using every charger that I could find including the version that came with the phone. I called Google for support (pretty useless) and Samsung (very useless, but they offered to take a look at the charging port for me if I sent the phone in). I turned it off to conserve what battery was left.

Since I was sure they'd factory reset it, I plugged it in to my home computer to try to get the few pictures that hadn't been automatically backed up already and noticed that it started charging.

I figured this might be a fluke of the USB charging, but it is charging through every other charger too.

I'm not sure what happened, but just in case this may help someone from getting too frustrated, try to connect to a computer if one is available in case your Nexus stops charging.

nb

Reactions: googol

mdevine

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I am having the exact issue, but even plugging into computer is not helping. The data port will only charge the phone when the phone is powered off. When phone is powered on there is no charging or data port connectivity to my computer. Started happening right after I did a JB update.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Rebooting the device also works had this happen also but was using a custom ROM

Rebooting, battery pull and rebooting from recovery didn't work for me. I was going to try a hard reboot/factory reset, if I was able to pull off the data I still had on there, but that wasn't necessary luckily.

nb

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I am having the exact issue, but even plugging into computer is not helping. The data port will only charge the phone when the phone is powered off. When phone is powered on there is no charging or data port connectivity to my computer. Started happening right after I did a JB update.

Is it actually still charging when off? Mine had the charging icon when powered down (the white battery with a lightning bolt in it) but only increased 1% over 8 hours, so I don't really think it did anything. Still, if it is charging, at least you have some way of getting it working. Maybe you can try to flash a different rom, or go back to ICS, if the problems started with JB.

Either way, I hope it gets better.

nb

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish