browser for jelly bean

ehsaan

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
as most of you guys know jelly bean doesnt support the flash app from the play store no more, and chrome doesnt support it either, does anyone know a good browser for jelly bean on my galaxy nexus, a broswer which plays flash content???

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
You'll have to manually install the adobe flash apk on your phone or no browser will play flash. You can get the apk from various places, one is XDA dev forum. Once it's installed, you should be able to use the stock browser or any third party browser, like Dolphin, Skyfire, Opera Mobile, etc that you previously used to view flash unless the browser devs update the browser to not support it any longer, so be careful about updates. Chrome of course never supported it and still won't. Google is supposed to put out a flash alternative later in the year for Chrome.

Reactions: ehsaan

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I've yet to come across one scenario where I actually needed, or even thought about needing flash since moving to 4.1.1.

Sent from my AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I miss flash every day and it pisses me off Chrome doesn't support it. It's a dying format for sure, but there are still plenty of reasons to have it built in to a browser.

I read news articles on CNN.com every day, and many have video components that I can't see.

If Firefox wasn't so god-awful on mobile, Dolphin so unnecessarily bulky, Opera is just Opera, and the default browser being featureless, I would never use Chrome. But it's still the best browser even with the monumental flaw of being flash-less.

I thought we were using Android - something that can do everything. Not an iPhone. I feel like Google regressed when they removed flash support. We made fun of Apple for not having flash for how long?

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
...I feel like Google regressed when they removed flash support...

Wasn't it Flash that just didn't want to support new mobile browsers, not the other way around?

Either way, I thought I'd miss it but really, using Chrome and Apps gets the job done and if I NEED Flash, I switch to stock though I can't recall the last time that happened.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it was Adobe that decided not to support it any longer, not Google. And since Chrome for mobile was just being designed and about to come out in beta when that happened, Google decided to work on their own flash alternative. Whether that's actually going to come out this year as planned and how well it work, I have no idea. But it was Adobe's decision that caused this.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I've had Firefox on my phone for years. It is not new and came out way before Adobe made this decision. Chrome on the other hand was just in early development when Adobe made this decision. I still wish Chrome had the support but it totally makes sense not to waste resources on something that had already been known to not be supported in the near future when they were developing it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1