GPS problem?

ajlwq

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
GPS problem in new York city specially when cross Verrazano narrow bridge. Constantly rerouting. Seems to be satellite couldn't locate the phone.
Google galaxy nexus with at&t network.

Last edited:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Is it the GPS or no 3G data available at that location???
Data is needed for the navigation app to work properly with GPS.

What app are you using? Google navigation app or other app?

ajlwq

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it the GPS or no 3G data available at that location???
Data is needed for the navigation app to work properly with GPS.

What app are you using? Google navigation app or other app?

Using Google navigation app with data connection. Satellites point me way off actually location.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
GPS module on Galaxy Nexus sucks. A few weeks ago a lot of GNex phones around the world on Jelly Bean were affected by the GPS glitch (my phone included) The GPS was always a weak point of Samsung devices, I must admit though GPS on my GS2 Skyrocket used to work perfectly fine untill it got updated to ICS.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
GPS module on Galaxy Nexus sucks. A few weeks ago a lot of GNex phones around the world on Jelly Bean were affected by the GPS glitch (my phone included) The GPS was always a weak point of Samsung devices, I must admit though GPS on my GS2 Skyrocket used to work perfectly fine untill it got updated to ICS.

The GPS glitch the other week came from bad A-GPS data that Google sent out to the phones. It had literally nothing to do with the quality or implementation of the GPS hardware in the device.

Now of course it was frustrating (lots of people rely on Navigation daily), but you've got to at least point the finger at the right thing.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Well I suppose the OP didn't receive the fix then If he/she is still having a problem. Or is that another issue now? Way too many problems with this device... Sorry but that's the truth, but of course, your mileage may vary...