skype sucks on nexus with jelly bean

szlaeyer

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I would need skype to run non-stop on my nexus with jelly bean, but it disconnects randomly, even though the never log out option has been selected.

This is quite a disappointment after having used skype on webos. Now that is a proper integration! I could be logged in on my Pre3 for weeks on row, no matter on how many other devices I would also be logged in.

On the nexus it's a disaster... any suggestions? Thanks.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Tell Microsoft about the problems with the app or get a WP8 device with integrated Skype if you really need it bad.

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
It has nothing to do with jelly bean or nexus its happening with every android device tablet or a phone. MS just ignoring or ignored it forever because this problem is lasting since may or early june. The suggestions has been found by users not Microsoft is to download previous version of skype_2.7.0.907.apk

ejpenha

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi, same problemas here.

I'm running jelly bean on gnex...

Well, I've to use wife's iphone 4S running iOS 6 to skype work..

Looks like that is a problem just for Android users.

mayastig

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
am i the only one who has Skype running successfully? ive been running the latest version on the play store on my 4.1.1 yakju and it runs fine all the time?

Mike T1

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
If you're using Verizon, download Skype Mobile. It doesn't support video calling, but it is much more stable, and uses MUCH less battery.

flacousa

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I too run the older version of Skype in my Nexus 7 but for different reason, the newer Skype only runs in landscape mode, I heard about it here in the forum and never downloaded the update and will stay with that old version until MS decides to go back to user chosen orientation.

Sent from planet earth

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have problem of video just turning off for no reason. When person i speak with reset camera., its ok again... Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 7

yogityadav

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I AM NOT ABLE TO LOG IN TO SKYPE in my New XTOUCH 507

I am ot able to use Skype....i baought thsi phoen thinking tht SKYPE Would work ...but it is not working..now what should i do?

Will the company take back thsi phone??

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I too run the older version of Skype in my Nexus 7 but for different reason, the newer Skype only runs in landscape mode, I heard about it here in the forum and never downloaded the update and will stay with that old version until MS decides to go back to user chosen orientation.

Sent from planet earth

There was a update a couple of days ago that enabled portrait on nexus 7.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech