Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default Re: Data issue with Straight Talk vs T-Mobile PPD

To whom it may consern
    Last edited by strick922; 09-09-2012 at 07:10 PM.

I just went round and round with the Straight Talk help desk people with this same problem. Then I came here. Removing the proxy (not the port #) worked like a charm. Thanks everyone involved with providing the solutions.

Hello guys i would like to ask which is really better ST Tmobile or ST AT&T how to find out coz i have a tmobile phone but i can unlock it and root it which ever i want, but so far i had tmobile and service is not that great. Web speeds arent great either. will ATT will be better or Tmobile?

Quote Originally Posted by fruktas View Post
    Hello guys i would like to ask which is really better ST Tmobile or ST AT&T how to find out coz i have a tmobile phone but i can unlock it and root it which ever i want, but so far i had tmobile and service is not that great. Web speeds arent great either. will ATT will be better or Tmobile?
    My understanding is that T-mobile phones will work fine on the AT&T network for both voice and SMS (text), but not for data unless the phone happens to be pentaband like the Galaxy Nexus (gsm) phone. Basically, if you switched without a pentaband phone you would get 2g not 3g data speeds. This is one of the maiin reasons I purchased my Galaxy Nexus (gsm) directly from Google. The extra frequency band provides for high speed data on either AT&T or T-mobile networks

Currently I'm with ST AT&T, but have considered switching to T-mobile just to evaluate them. I have read that AT&T offers better nationwide coverage while T-mobile offers highers speeds where available.
    Pete
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus Android 4.3 rooted RingPlus (Sprint)
    gsm Galaxy Nexus Android 4.3 rooted Straight Talk (At&T)
    Hisense Sero 7 Pro Android 4.2 rooted

TRY freat speedtest
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12