Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Play is not recognizing my music

So I have been using Google Play to listen to tunes with no issue. Except yesterday I noticed the music that I have in my Music folder, isn't showing up. I force stopped the application, cleared the cache and data, and it is still not being recognized. I have also restarted the phone. Just to clarify, I am not having a problem with music syncing from Google Play servers. I am talking about music that is directly in my music folder on my phone. Anyone have anything like this before?

Default Re: Google Play is not recognizing my music

Did you try toggling on and off the "on device only".
    Pat

Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4

I'll send you here since someone helped me out with this exact issue

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-rooting-roms-hacks/201675-your-missing-pictures-songs-etc-due-rom-manager.html[/URL]
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Yeah ROM manager is to blame well at least the old version the update fixed that issue but u have to clear the cache on media storage and find the no media file on yo SD and delete it reboot and everything should work

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2

I had an update yesterday and google play music decided not to recognize any of my music or ringtones anymore, the only way i can view it on my phone is by going into My settings and clicking view advanced devices to view internal storage, still havent figured out how to make it play...