Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mrkalel
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Car Dock -- which ones work?

Good morning. I just bought the GSM Galaxy Nexus and am wondering if the Verizon car dock will work with the GSM version, or im i'm stuck waiting forever for the official car dock to be released on the Play Store. If there are other alternatives, i'd appreciate it!

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Default Re: Car Dock -- which ones work?

Quote Originally Posted by herpofderpius View Post
    Good morning. I just bought the GSM Galaxy Nexus and am wondering if the Verizon car dock will work with the GSM version, or im i'm stuck waiting forever for the official car dock to be released on the Play Store. If there are other alternatives, i'd appreciate it!
    Yes I've used ProClip since 2009 in all of my cars. I just added my Nexus last weekend.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mobimop View Post
    Yes I've used ProClip since 2009 in all of my cars. I just added my Nexus last weekend.

Exactly what I was gonna say... I love Pro Clip and their adjustable holder is perfect for any devices, now and in the future...plus allows for cases.
    Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MrKal_El
    Mobimop likes this.

I'll also add a nod to ProClip. I have the one in Mobimop's photo. Slides in and out easily yet is very stable. Not cheap though but worth every penny.

I've had my official GSM car dock since June. I bought it from here.

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts

The OEM car mount with pogo pin support is available at the Samsung & Google web stores iirc. Will only fit GSM / Intl version as you have. Beautiful and pricy but I would take it in a second if the VZW version worked w it.

Don't waste your time with the Verizon version. It's a severely overpriced hunk of useless plastic. You're far better off with a generic car mount from ProClip, iBOLT, Arkon, or the like. They're better, cheaper, and you'll be able to use them with future phones.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post
    The OEM car mount with pogo pin support is available at the Samsung & Google web stores iirc. Will only fit GSM / Intl version as you have. Beautiful and pricy but I would take it in a second if the VZW version worked w it.
    It looks like the Samsung mount for the GSM GNex is out of stock or discontinued. On the Play Store, the Vehicle Mount (and the landscape dock) is listed as "coming soon." Samsung's site doesn't list it. Hell, it doesn't even list anything GNex (any version, any accessories).

If it were available, it does work with the LTE GNex with a minor modification. I have one and it's vastly superior to the one VZW sells since it uses the POGO pins (no fumbling with charging after inserting in the dock) and will put the phone into "car mode" for easy use in the car. The suction cup is rather weak, though.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10 Nightlies

one nice thing though about the VZW version, it fits even with the OEM 2100 mah extended battery. Sucks that it doesn't do anything for pogo pins, wish it charged. But I have been known to exceed the "recommended" speed limit and drive a little rough, and it has never fallen off

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10 Nightlies

Pro-Clip users, does it fit extended battery too? (not gianormus 3000 one, just the oem 2100)

ROM
    CM7 RC3

I've been looking for another car mount. My exomount is great, but I'm sick of it being on my windshield, so this looks great. Does it swivel?

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bjs188 View Post
    Pro-Clip users, does it fit extended battery too? (not gianormus 3000 one, just the oem 2100)
    My brother has the Sedio extended battery and yes...I can adjust my holder to fit it as well... (I have the adjustable version)
    Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MrKal_El

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bjs188 View Post
    Yes fits perfectly however I have the Samsung 2000mAh battery as I have the GSM model. ProClip has holders specific for the GSM or CDMA versions so just make sure you order the correct one.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by barroomhero View Post
    I've been looking for another car mount. My exomount is great, but I'm sick of it being on my windshield, so this looks great. Does it swivel?
    Yes it swivels left and right and up and down. Nothing beats ProClip IMHO!

ROM
    CM7 RC3

Yes it swivels left and right and up and down. Nothing beats ProClip IMHO!
    So, horizontal and vertical?

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by barroomhero View Post
    So, horizontal and vertical?
    Yes

ROM
    CM7 RC3

Yes

Thanks!