Has anyone attempted using galaxy nexus on virgin mobile?

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, as far as I understand, virgin uses sprints network which uses similar technology as Verizon, and I've read reports of certain individuals who were able to hack their virgin mobile phone to work on the Verizon network when they switched carriers; but that's hearsay.

Has anyone tried getting a galaxy nexus on virgin mobile?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
First, you'll probably get better response in either the Verizon Galaxy Nexus or Sprint Galaxy Nexus forums. This forum pertains to the GSM Galaxy Nexus.

That aside, if you were to get any phone to activate on Virgin it'd be the Sprint model. Even then, you'll have to find a store rep that'll activate a phone that's not in their system, which is rarer than you'd think.

If you're looking to buy a phone to use on prepaid service i recommend the GSM model. You'll get better network performance and more carrier selection. Buying a GNex to get locked into slow speeds and bad coverage on Virgin just isn't worth it IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I have seen evo 4g on virgin flashed from sprint. I'm sure it can be done . But like the previous poster said gsm would be better. You could use it on simple mobile, red mobile, straight talk or any of the other gsm carriers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800