Gnex cases

kotbn18

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
So today I got the otter box defender series case and so far its great. I've used them before and they always worked great. Only other cases I've used with smart phones are the mophie cases when I had an iPhone. So my question is has anyone else had any experience with any other cases for the gnex or any experience with the otter box?

Sent from my Batcomputer using Android Central Forums

Garrett92C

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the Seidio Active cases on my last two phones (GNex and Sensation). They've always treated me well and are a nice compromise between bulk and protection. It's already saved me GNex from a face down drop onto the driveway. I'd try out the Otterbox cases, but after seeing them in person, they are way too bulky for my taste. :-\

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Right now, I'm using the OtterBox Defender and tempted to remove the built-in screen protector since it's rarely responsive now.
Been wanted to try Active/Surface from Seidio but the price seems too much.

Before, I used the Capdase Flip Leather, but not satisfied at all since Android didn't support magnetism holster or something like in BlackBerry. (There is application that utilize proximity/light sensor if you want though)

Btw, under the Defender, I used GelaSkins so occasionally remove the case to see it 'naked' when I found it too bulky.

kotbn18

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried nfc with the otter box? It just hit me it might be to thick

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried nfc with the otter box? It just hit me it might be to thick

Worked fine with the commuter.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I use a commuter for my Gnex. I think it's a bit much for what I need... I'm thinking of downgrading to a slimmer TPU case. That being said, I've dropped my phone a few times already (in the case) and don't really worry about it too much. The hard outer shell and the silicone inner sleeve makes more sense for protection then the silicone outer and hard plastic inner design of the defender

kotbn18

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Tried Google wallet last night with the defender case worked fine.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I want to buy the Defender case, but should the built in screen protector be a deal breaker?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

kotbn18

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I have had no problems with it in fact I like the fact that it comes with one built it. I mean it protects the screen. Mine fits great and doesn't cause any problems with my typing. I'd say try it out in the store and see how u like it

Reactions: Encerspay45

haim199125

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I use a commuter for my Gnex. I think it's a bit much for what I need... I'm thinking of downgrading to a slimmer TPU case. That being said, I've dropped my phone a few times already (in the case) and don't really worry about it too much. The hard outer shell and the silicone inner sleeve makes more sense for protection then the silicone outer and hard plastic inner design of the defender

Hi do you thing that the commuter will fit my gsm gnex with the extented battery??

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
The Commuter fits with the extended battery just fine (At least on the GSM phones, I don't know about the Verizon/Sprint version). It's not the PERFECT fit with the stock battery and door, but unless you look closely you'd never notice.

The case is designed to fit the shape of the phone with the stock battery door, which means it follows the taper of the phone. With the extended battery and door, the phone has a slight bulge instead of a taper. What this means is that for me there is a slight gap between the outer shell and the silicone inner part (roughly 1/32 of an inch) near the bottom of the phone. With the stock battery cover this gap isn't there. It does not in any way affect the use or the protection of the case, just affects how it looks. And really, unless I look directly at it, I don't notice it for day to day use. I only tell you this in case you have OCD and something like this would bother you. (I have touches of OCD myself, and it doesn't bother me)

I can take pics if you want to see the difference for yourself.