Controlling display sleep

Dashiell9

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi, new to the forum so please forgive any unintended transgression. Have a GN, unlocked GSM. Had Evo 4g before and the display would dim but not sleep when connected via USB. So far I have not been able to duplicate this on the GN. Is there an app that does this? Thanks, Dashiell.

reini03

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings and turn developer settings on. There's an option to prevent the display from going to sleep while being charged - this will probably also prevent it to do so when charged via an AC adapter, but you can always just turn it off manually.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Just be careful when you do that not to leave it on the same static screen for long periods. That's why it's under developer options and not a standard option - because it can cause the image to burn in on the screen and cause ghosting. So either use the phone occasionally to change what's on the screen or leave it on an animated screen like the moving clock or a live wallpaper that moves without intervention.

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi, new to the forum so please forgive any unintended transgression. Have a GN, unlocked GSM. Had Evo 4g before and the display would dim but not sleep when connected via USB. So far I have not been able to duplicate this on the GN. Is there an app that does this? Thanks, Dashiell.

As its an AMOLED screen I'd avoid doing that (screen will degrade with use). I have set up tasker for a 5 minute timeout on USB.