Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Default Signal indicator issues

I am using a ROM that shows the different 3G network connections (3G,H,or H+) and noticing that my phone will frequently bounce between the 3 .

Is this normal or is there a network issue (want to be careful approaching Tmo since I'm using an unlocked phone).

Default Re: Signal indicator issues

It's normal. Of course, if you are having actual connections issues that's a different story, but what you describe is normal behavior.

Btw, TMO doesn't mind if you're using an unlocked phone. Unless you're pretending to use a different phone to get certain services or deals that are only available to a specific phone. But otherwise, they encourage people to bring unlocked phones to their network.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Default Re: Signal indicator issues

Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    It's normal. Of course, if you are having actual connections issues that's a different story, but what you describe is normal behavior.

Btw, TMO doesn't mind if you're using an unlocked phone. Unless you're pretending to use a different phone to get certain services or deals that are only available to a specific phone. But otherwise, they encourage people to bring unlocked phones to their network.
    Thanks. I wasn't worried about encouraging but support is always another story as they could just blame my phone instead of their network.