GNex (GSM) no longer sync with Outlook.com

dahncke#CB

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I use the Microsoft hosted Outlook.com Exchange email service. Last week, my GNex suddenly stopped syncing with outlook. I've tried numerous tweaks, but nothing seems to help. I can connect and authenticate to the virtual Exchange server, but the mail will not download and I get stuck in the downloading your mail sequence.

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone know how to fix it??

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
There are sooooo many issues with exchange it makes me want to scream. Well, it depends on which issue is actually affecting you, which you won't know until you try different things. Here is my first suggestion. Go into your server settings and change it to snt-m.hotmail.com and see if it syncs. If you already have that setting, or it doens't help, 2nd suggestion is try deleting your account, rebooting, and re-adding your account. Also, for the first one, don't just hit the refresh/sync button in the mail app to sync - after you change the server, go to Settings - accounts - corporate - click on the account - hit menu button -and choose Sync now. Good luck.

dahncke#CB

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yea, no luck with that... I am wondering if it is a problem with a corupt setting or something. I really expected to hear that others were having the same issue. I guess not???

dahncke#CB

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
RESOLVED -- Microsoft escalated this up to one of the US based engineers who confirmed 4.0.4 EAS worked fine with the account. The concern was with a 'silent' Jelly Bean update applied to 4.1+ builds. I was very skeptical, but deleted the device profile in outlook.com and performed a master reset on the phone. Worked like a charm after that.

syncissues

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same issue since Verizon rolled out jellybean, and I tried everything you said. I read other forums that said try disabling the app. I disabled, shut down, enabled, any any combination you can think of, deleting my phone from my outlook every time. Going nuts, and I know I can buy the app, but my other accounts work fine, and I think it should just work like its supposed to. So who did you call, and what should I ask for?