iPhone 4S/Galaxy Nexus challenge

chunkcohen

May 4, 2011
Visit site
As I'm going through the phone I am noticing other things that are different. I like that on the Nexus, e. YouTube app plays in high definition even when using the cellular data. On the iPhone, you only see HD when on wifi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Check your YouTube settings. Tap the menu key (upper right corner of the YouTube app screen) and then tap "Settings". Then, tap "General" and you'll see a checkbox called "High quality on mobile". Make sure that's unchecked and YouTube should stream at lower quality when you're away from Wi-Fi.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
JB is what takes android to a level that iOS has yet to reach IMO. Interested in what your thoughts will be on JB.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I like it a lot. It actually fixed my reception issues on LTE. It seems a little faster but not by much. I thought ICS was pretty smooth. I like Google Now. I had used Siri a lot. So having this is a big plus. I just went to buy a case for the GNex. That means that it is a keeper. I'm selling the iPhone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I've actually considered switching to the iPhone 5. Do you miss or have any complaints regarding app quality, stability or 'glitchyness'?

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I've actually considered switching to the iPhone 5. Do you miss or have any complaints regarding app quality, stability or 'glitchyness'?

Haven't had any issues. The iPhone is a great phone. I never had any issues with it. But I like this GNex better. The apps don't seem to have the same quality as far as aesthetics but the functionality is the same. The GNex is faster and the screen size and quality are better.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Haven't had any issues. The iPhone is a great phone. I never had any issues with it. But I like this GNex better. The apps don't seem to have the same quality as far as aesthetics but the functionality is the same. The GNex is faster and the screen size and quality are better.
I'm surprised at the screen comment, I've always viewed the iPhone as having the second to best screen..next to the One X/EVO LTE of course.

You should update your signature! ;)

SenorPepe

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear you're switching over. I'm still using my 4s as a daily driver, impatiently waiting for the next nexus phone to go with my n7. Couldn't agree more with what you've said. 4s does everything you ask it to do very well, but android is just more enjoyable. Add the customizability and form factor and its hard to side with the 4s...

PS: iOS user 3years running but I've finally seen the light :rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised at the screen comment, I've always viewed the iPhone as having the second to best screen..next to the One X/EVO LTE of course.

You should update your signature! ;)

Most people could very like the iPhone screen better than the GNex. I just like the color better on the Super Amoled. Anyone who owns a 4S should be happy. It is an awesome phone. I never really had any gripes about it. I just happen to like this phone better. I try not to fall into traps into liking something because I think or others think I should. So I like to try things out and see what is what. I'm lucky and glad I had an opportunity to try out these two great phones for an extended period of time. It really made a difference. If I were in a store looking at phones for about fifteen minutes while being pressured by a salesperson, I may not have made the same decision. One last thing, I haven't felt the need to pick up the iPad either. I like this device that much. And I will change my signature right away.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I like it a lot. It actually fixed my reception issues on LTE. It seems a little faster but not by much. I thought ICS was pretty smooth. I like Google Now. I had used Siri a lot. So having this is a big plus. I just went to buy a case for the GNex. That means that it is a keeper. I'm selling the iPhone.

JB removes any argument that iOS is smoother/more stable. JB is phenomenal, at least for me (I've been running it on my GNEX since the first preview builds dropped a few months ago). To me, after that, it comes down to lots of personal preferences on how someone wants to use their phone. Seems you have decided you like what Android offers and that it meets your personal preferences. Others will no doubt have no interest in the options Android offers (5 million iPhones sold since being released Friday) that iOS does not. I held the new iPhone in my hands over the weekend, it's a nice piece of hardware for sure, but I have become so used to a bigger screen now, the "bigger" iPhone still seems tiny. I will admit, app quality with iOS still seems to be a step above Android in some cases, but the gap is closing quickly.

Great thread, thanks for sharing.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
JB removes any argument that iOS is smoother/more stable. JB is phenomenal, at least for me (I've been running it on my GNEX since the first preview builds dropped a few months ago). To me, after that, it comes down to lots of personal preferences on how someone wants to use their phone. Seems you have decided you like what Android offers and that it meets your personal preferences. Others will no doubt have no interest in the options Android offers (5 million iPhones sold since being released Friday) that iOS does not. I held the new iPhone in my hands over the weekend, it's a nice piece of hardware for sure, but I have become so used to a bigger screen now, the "bigger" iPhone still seems tiny. I will admit, app quality with iOS still seems to be a step above Android in some cases, but the gap is closing quickly.

Great thread, thanks for sharing.

If they ever make a Nexus that is 5 + inches, I can get rid of my iPad and just use that one device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Supposed to read the double down on JB being as smooth as iOS. I've always felt my friends ipad was much smoother than the Nexus 7, which is why I sent it back...

I did end up getting one if those $230 Verizon Xoom deals, because $700 for a Verizon ipad seems a little insane.

Hopefully I'm just going through a 'grass is greener' phase.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Supposed to read the double down on JB being as smooth as iOS. I've always felt my friends ipad was much smoother than the Nexus 7, which is why I sent it back...

I did end up getting one if those $230 Verizon Xoom deals, because $700 for a Verizon ipad seems a little insane.

Hopefully I'm just going through a 'grass is greener' phase.

I think it is at least as smooth if not smoother.

familia5az

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
My Galaxy Nexus phone,Jellybean or not, has never been as smooth and responsive as the iPhone/iPad I own. I believe android is a good product, just not at the level of the apple products hence the need to only make one iPhone/iPad vs blasting customers with a multitude of android choices.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
My Galaxy Nexus phone,Jellybean or not, has never been as smooth and responsive as the iPhone/iPad I own. I believe android is a good product, just not at the level of the apple products hence the need to only make one iPhone/iPad vs blasting customers with a multitude of android choices.

I agree in some part, at least until the past year with my iPad (1st gen)--it's the laggiest device I've ever owned, at least it has been for the better part of a year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy