1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stock GNexus wont Restore Factory Settings.

Hey Guys,

I am with Virgin Mobile and purchased my Galaxy Nexus from them. I have never rooted, or did anything of the sort. The jelly bean update was sent to my phone and would always get stuck on the "Google" screen when trying to update. I had to pull my battery each time.

Now, I tried to do a factory reset and it also just got stuck at the google screen requiring a battery pull. So I did a hard reset and tried to force a reset, but it once again got stuck at the Google screen.

Regardless of which way I try, I cannot seem to restore my phone to factory settings. I am using a mac and have made a back up, but I cant seem to reset it so that my carrier will update to jelly bean. I would like to continue using a stock-carrier phone, I don't need to root. Any tips?

Default Re: Stock GNexus wont Restore Factory Settings.

I don't see any reason that would require you to be rooted.

Other than that I'm at a loss as to why your device keeps hanging on the Google screen.

Lets hope someone chimes in with a response..
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for a quick reply. It really is simply that. 10-20 minutes of just "Google" and then I battery pull. No Lock on this screen, as it isn't rooted. I even used the command ./adb reboot restore, it simply got me stuck on that same "Google" screen again.

Is this a GSM phone? Maybe just manually flash the stock images from google onto it? This would wipe everything and would be sure the image is good and stock.