Just got a Nexus and "Google Now" isn't present, not listed in settings

jbpr

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey there, new to Android, just picked one up today. Would love to use the cool Google Now feature, but it isn't even listed in the settings. When I swipe up to enter, it shows me the GN header and background, the wheel spins and switches to normal search/voice search. Could this have anything to do with privacy/location settings? Or that I'm in Canada? I can't seem to find any information about it.

Thanks

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to back anything up before doing that?

I use SMS Backup for my texts, and App Backup and Restore for my apps. These all backup onto the on-board storoage, so then the backup files and any other files (media, etc) I just copy onto my computer via USB. I'm sure there's probably many different routes to accomplish this, but both apps are free, and if I'm pulling stuff off my phone, it means 2 things: 1) it's probably evening and my batter could use some juice, and 2) I'm also likely trying a different ROM so having the phone charging while doing that is a good idea anyway :)

Call your provider with the IMEI number and/or serial number of the phone you're buying to make sure it's not blacklisted

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Have you made sure it's updated in the play store? Google issue updates to Google Now as a separate upgrade with the 'Google Search' app.

This post/thread is 7 months old now and the original poster has never come back. I am sure it was resolved long ago.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20