Galaxy Nexus 2?

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Ummm I wouldn't be excited if the next Nexus is just the rumored Samsung phone with a little bit of a spec bump... Google wouldn't do that. It might as well be the Galaxy Nexus S like apple does.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
The rumored "Galaxy Nexus 2" i9260 isn't the next Nexus, it's a Samsung TouchWiz phone called the Galaxy Premier. :D

But yes, I'm excited to see what the new Nexus looks like. Hopefully we'll hear soon.

emmib

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Rather than what the device is I'm more interested in who's making it. My money's on HTC or LG, but mostly HTC.

I'd say specs would be at least a Tegra 3+ or a quad core Krait S4, non-PenTile screen of the same resolution. I don't think the size will change. Thinner, definitely. Better build, I hope so!

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Rather than what the device is I'm more interested in who's making it. My money's on HTC or LG, but mostly HTC.
Oh, God, please NO. I've been suffering with a problem-prone Amaze 4G for 10 months. HTC's botched Wifi driver shenanigans results in it not connecting at work at all, so it's no longer working as a personal/work tool.

In the last two weeks, after my Amaze again shut itself off for an hour (with 90% battery), and it stopped connecting some of the time to our internal network, I realized I should've bought the Galaxy Nexus last year, and stayed on AT&T instead of hopping to T-Mo for this "top-tier" HTC turd. Now I'm on a, arguably, inferior carrier, with a craptacular phone that is a great gaming machine but an unreliable phone.

Excited about the Galaxy Nexus 2? YOU BETCHA. I can't wait for it to go on sale, I'm probably buying one on Day One. The only reason I'm not carrying around a new Galaxy Nexus is that it's still $349 unlocked, and with the next one coming out in two months (?), spending that much for last year's phone would be stupid. (I could get an iPhone 5 by returning to AT&T, and please stop your laughing, at least the iPhone doesn't turn itself off and refuse to connect to Cisco APs in my office -- oh, and the stock mail client does Exchange mail connection flawlessly, which Google broke going from ICS to JB!)

Google, hurry up with the JB fixes and Nexus phone update!

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
As long as the minor update brings LTE I'm good with that. :)

There's already a Galaxy Nexus with LTE, it's available on Sprint and Verizon.

It is very very very unlikely that we'll see an unlocked GSM device that also has LTE, as there are so many different bands available they'd need several SKU's in order to serve the whole world. Its a bit more likely that an unlocked GSM Nexus will have just an HSPA+ 42mbps radio and that's it.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
There's already a Galaxy Nexus with LTE, it's available on Sprint and Verizon.

It is very very very unlikely that we'll see an unlocked GSM device that also has LTE, as there are so many different bands available they'd need several SKU's in order to serve the whole world. Its a bit more likely that an unlocked GSM Nexus will have just an HSPA+ 42mbps radio and that's it.
That would suit me FINE. I could get a working, reliable, supported phone on T-Mo instead of this no-WiFi-at-work turd T-Mo sold me.

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I hope a new Nexus comes out soon. But to me it just seems very weird of Google to release a new Nexus phone without having something significantly new in Android (aka Key Lime Pie) ready to showcase on it. Google doesn't make Nexus phones for the sake of selling hardware. It's about showing off the latest new Android features. So my excitement level isn't there yet, because I'm not expecting a new Nexus phone until early next year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar