Porting number away from Tmobile PPD to Googl Voice

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what happens when you port your number away from a tmobile ppd. Does your service stop or can you get a another number attached to the SIM card?

thanks

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
So I gotta wait until the 30 days is up and then port it over right before it expires? If I port now can I get a refund on the unused time?

Do you know how long it takes to port to google voice. I have heard disaster stories on the forums.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
So I gotta wait until the 30 days is up and then port it over right before it expires? If I port now can I get a refund on the unused time

You can port at any time, just make sure that the line is active when you're doing the porting. You won't be refunded the unused time because the account gets closed. I lost the $0.32 in my account when I ported out of T-Mobile :p .

Do you know how long it takes to port to google voice. I have heard disaster stories on the forums.

I think the FAQ says up to 7 days. Would expect it to normally take about 2 business days like most ports though.

chunkcohen

May 4, 2011
Visit site
No, they will not refund unused service on prepaid. It's probably best to wait until the end of your billing cycle and then port if you don't want to feel like you're throwing away money.

Porting a mobile number TO Google Voice usually takes 24-48 hours, but for some, it has taken up to 5 days. YMMV...

But once you're ported to GV, you can have that number forward to anything, so for many, the wait is worth it.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So I gotta wait until the 30 days is up and then port it over right before it expires? If I port now can I get a refund on the unused time?

Nope they wont be refunds!!! just port it about 10 days before the billing cycle. you would lose only a couple of days of billing

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown