OTA Update IMEI unkown

jojovem

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi.
Im from brazil. I bought a galaxy nexus a few months ago(warranty already expired) in a local shop. It was on version 4.0.4 on a non yakju build(yakjuxw).
One day the OS asked me to update my android and so i did. But, when the phone was back on, it was updated to 4.1.1, but, my IMEI and Baseband became unkown under the status menu.
I know that non-yakju cellphones get their OTA update from samumg and not from google. But, what could be the problem? I didnt make any backup as i thought that an OTA update would have no issues. I already tried to flash the google yakju 4.1.1 stock image from google but the problem still persists.

I tried several fixes, including one that says that removing the battery for some time helps to recover, but no success yet.
Im really afraid that i lost my phone after paying a fortune for it.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot!

jojovem

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Another information:
The battery is ending too fast, much faster than before, and the airplane mode gets toggled once in a while.

Thx

jojovem

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, could you please explain me the difference?
And where can i find material to do that?

For me, the flashing takes place to wipe out the entire system information and change it to another one, i didnt know there was a specific type of flashing that surrogate a folder or some part of the system.

Thanks a lot!

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
It doesnt mean anything special, really. In the download from Google there is a file called radio.img (or something to that effect.). Not sure of how you reflashed your phone....but the image from google includes three .img files, and each should be pushed to your phone.

jojovem

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! Yesterday i was able to flash yakju 4.0.4. i flashed all images separated, including the system.img, userdata.img, boot.img, recovery.img, and radio.img

My phone was back to 4.0.4, i then installed the ota update to 4.1.1

The problem still persists. I get un unkown IMEI.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! Yesterday i was able to flash yakju 4.0.4. i flashed all images separated, including the system.img, userdata.img, boot.img, recovery.img, and radio.img

My phone was back to 4.0.4, i then installed the ota update to 4.1.1

The problem still persists. I get un unkown IMEI.

Did the phone notify you of an update or did I you download it from somewhere and install it?