Wallet on my Nexus

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So I'm having trouble getting Wallet setup on my Galaxy Nexus...works fine on my Nexus 7.

I can setup the app, but when it says 'setup required' under the card, it always fails to add card. See attached photo.

I've tried resetting the wallet app. I've restored to stock, flashed factory images. I'm unrooted. Can seem to get this fixed. Any advice?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348619154330.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348619154330.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 137

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
having same issue here when trying to add my Citi MasterCard... other cards work fine in mine....

Try to contact Google Wallet, there is a phone number to customer service when you go to "Contact us".... If they can't help, nobody can....

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So I called Google Wallet. They told me that the UNLOCKED GSM Galaxy Nexus is NOT SUPPORTED to run on Google Wallet! The new app makes this so. ONLY the Sprint version of the phone is supported! This can't be right can it? Two guys in Google Wallet support said this, including the manager. Any advice? Is this really true?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So I called Google Wallet. They told me that the UNLOCKED GSM Galaxy Nexus is NOT SUPPORTED to run on Google Wallet! The new app makes this so. ONLY the Sprint version of the phone is supported! This can't be right can it? Two guys in Google Wallet support said this, including the manager. Any advice? Is this really true?

I would say NO. here is the supported device list from google wallet support page Eligible Devices - Wallet Help

if the phone is not bought from US google play then its not eligible.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I think the support rep was thinking root or unlocked bootloader....all GSM GNs, especially from the play store are Unlocked....odd, though, they'd say that.

Anyway, have you tried adding the card online instead of through the Wallet app? From a PC browser, logon to Google, then in the bar at the top, click "More" and Select Wallet. You can add payment options there. They would then show up in the Wallet app on the phone. Select the card and go...

I don't know if that would work, but figure it's worth trying.

EDIT: I should add, I mean logon with the same Google account used on your phone. :)

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yea I've tried adding from the site. I can see the card fine on the phone, but once I setup the app, i see a 'setup required' button on the bottom and tap that and that's when it fails. This also happens when I try my wife's Google account with Wallet app. Could it possibly be something with the phone?

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I had same problem earlier and I'm on sprint. I removed card from account while wallet was still trying to add it. Then I went to the settings menu and cleared the cache. Next I went to play store and uninstalled the updates. I reopened wallet and it told me I couldn't run the previous version of wallet on my phone. It asked me to update so I did. When it came back it was reset with no account attached. I set up my account again, added card and it worked. Give it a try might work for you.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
thanks. I tried that and still no go. Worse is Google Wallet support is woefully bad. They can't seem to help with ANYTHING.

I've factory reset the phone a few times as well as removing the cards from wallet.google.com. Also tried my wife's Wallet account and still no go.

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
thanks. I tried that and still no go. Worse is Google Wallet support is woefully bad. They can't seem to help with ANYTHING.

I've factory reset the phone a few times as well as removing the cards from wallet.google.com. Also tried my wife's Wallet account and still no go.

Wow! Unfortunately your gonna have to go through it with Wallet support. I wish you good luck and lots of patience with that journey. Sorry it didn't work for you.

raver#AC

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting an error message "Unexpected error" but otherwise my experience has been the same. I've twice been told that the Google wallet is not supported on the unlocked Galaxy Nexus. I'm hoping they correct that soon since Galaxy Nexus still advertises Google Wallet as a feature in the Play store.

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Alright....I wanted to chip in...since I had similar problems as well!
First of all, I assume this problem is specific to CITI cards only (Atleast it was in my case as I was able to add other cards without any hassle).
Please call 877-762-2989 (CITI Card google wallet support) and they will help you add the card. Note this might take a couple of weeks since they have to clear some security stuff on their end.

You can look at my post opened a few weeks ago which has all the details.

Good Luck!

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I would say NO. here is the supported device list from google wallet support page Eligible Devices - Wallet Help

if the phone is not bought from US google play then its not eligible.
I disagree with your last statement. The site you quoted says that the supported devices include:

Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM/HSPA+ (available for purchase on Google Play)

The way I interpret it, it simply means you are able to buy a GSM/HSPA+ Galaxy Nexus from Google Play, which is supported. Nowhere does it say that only those purchased on Google Play are supported.

FWIW, Wallet works fine on my unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus, which I bought from a UK retailer through Amazon.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So my issue is with American express and visa so it isn't a citi issue. I got another Nexus and it still WOULD'NT add cards. So it isn't a device issue. However, my Nexus 7 works fine. I disable Wallet on the 7 just in case that's an issue and it still didnt work on my Galaxy Nexus.

I'm completely stumped. Google is really no help. My issue has been escalated within the Wallet team but nothing gives me confidence they will resolve it.

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
So my issue is with American express and visa so it isn't a citi issue. I got another Nexus and it still WOULD'NT add cards. So it isn't a device issue. However, my Nexus 7 works fine. I disable Wallet on the 7 just in case that's an issue and it still didnt work on my Galaxy Nexus.

I'm completely stumped. Google is really no help. My issue has been escalated within the Wallet team but nothing gives me confidence they will resolve it.

Mine was a MasterCard so I'm sure it isn't a card issue.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I tried on a completely different phone (Gnex unlock) and still no go. Add card failed. Tried it with a different Google account and still failed.

What carrier are you guys on? I'm on AT&T. The only thing I can think of is AT&T is blocking somehow. It worked on the older Wallet app before they decided to remove prepaid.