GNex Successor

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure there are plenty of us wondering what's next for the Nexus, or when, but my question is how much?

Like some, I'm in the market for a new phone now, and I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the $350 unlocked GNex via Google Play. Question is, when the next Nexus debuts, any idea what an unlocked version with no contract would cost? Are we thinking $500+ here? I'm new to the no contract Nexus scene, so I'm not sure what this phone originally debuted at price-wise.

The phone itself is more than capable, but if the newer would were to be available in the near future for under $500, I'd consider waiting.

Let me know what you all think!

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus was about $650 when it first came out I believe. And that is typically about the price is new high end phones. So yeah, I'd expect the next Nexus to be well north of $500 when it releases. The Galaxy Nexus now at $350 is still quite a nice deal.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus was about $650 when it first came out I believe. And that is typically about the price is new high end phones. So yeah, I'd expect the next Nexus to be well north of $500 when it releases. The Galaxy Nexus now at $350 is still quite a nice deal.

It was only $650+ because importers had to charge an arm and a leg for their fees + shipping + import costs to bring it to other countries.

You're right though, that is about the right price for most unlocked handsets. I'd say if Google wants to do things right, selling directly in the Play Store at launch, and wants to be competitive they'll post it at $499 or maybe $549 at most.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I just say buy it a month old off cl or something like that. That price drops fast once they actually land on carriers. Imports will kill ur pockets.

Sent from my galaxy nexus running jelly bean!

Leandros

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I just say buy it a month old off cl or something like that. That price drops fast once they actually land on carriers. Imports will kill ur pockets.

Sent from my galaxy nexus running jelly bean!

This. The price drops really fast in the first one or two months.
Just wait a bit and buy it for 100 bucks less.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Appreciate the feedback. I suppose it will likely be announced by Nov./Dec. so I imagine it would be on sale shortly there after, plus then waiting two months for a phone... that about equal's Spring 2013.

I was leaning towards the GNex, but talking it out, I'll take the steal at $350 w/ no contract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678