white gnex gets dirty easily?

mayastig

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
hi all, on the fence about getting my first android - a white gnex. was wondering, for those who have the white version, does the body get dirty easily? i have friends who have a white iphone and the white doesnt seem to get dirty overtime, unless you accidentally stain it, drop it etc... was wondering if the build quality of the white gnex is the same.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Well the white iPhone isn't going to get dirty because it's glass...

I don't personally have the white GNex, but I'd assume that over time it'd discolor in the same way most white plastic phones do.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Andrew... didnt know the iPhone was glass... goes to show im not really an iOS fan

Yes, although they do offer two colors, the color is underneath the plates of glass on the front and back.

Hoping someone with a white GNex can chime in, but the chances are slim as I don't think they really sold many of them...

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a white GNote does that count? I think the concern about a white phone getting dirty is over rated, at least in my experience. I had a white Skyrocket and this white GNote and haven't had to clean it any more than my brassy colored (is that what you call them) GNex. Smudges on the screen are the scourge of these phones to my way of thinking :).

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a white GNote does that count? I think the concern about a white phone getting dirty is over rated, at least in my experience. I had a white Skyrocket and this white GNote and haven't had to clean it any more than my brassy colored (is that what you call them) GNex. Smudges on the screen are the scourge of these phones to my way of thinking :).
I agree...Its over rated!! as long as you clean it, it would stay white.

BrianDigital

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
If your in a America might I suggest the normal color through google . Just for the warranty concerns

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
yea, with the warranty. Samsung's warranty is rubbish through Google anyway. SEND your phone to Samsung, pay for shipping it to them..THey look at your phone and say they can repair or not under warranty repair and then they send you the phone back, 7-10 days later. I've recently become so frustrated because of this that it really doesn't matter.

I am getting the white Gnex today

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
yea, with the warranty. Samsung's warranty is rubbish through Google anyway. SEND your phone to Samsung, pay for shipping it to them..THey look at your phone and say they can repair or not under warranty repair and then they send you the phone back, 7-10 days later. I've recently become so frustrated because of this that it really doesn't matter.

Well if you buy a white GNex and have it imported to the USA, Samsung will never fix it under warranty or even take the device, because they don't offer the white model for sale in the USA. You'll be forced to pay out of pocket assuming they even let you send it to them. Samsung is under no obligation to service grey market imports.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a white Gnex. I rarely use my cases and it never gets dirty. When I put some car grease once on my phone it wiped right off.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams