Nexus, Exchange and Straight Talk
After reading about Straight Talk here and a few other places I decided to give it a try. Setup is a piece of cake on the Nexus and I thought everything was 100%. But a few days later, I started to notice a sever lag in email being delivered to my phone. I googled the issue and found a few similar problems with the resolution being to use Touchdown. So I install Touchdown and thought all was well.
But after a few more days I realized I was in the exact same place. The only way to get email from our Exchange server (E2010, SP2, RU4) was a manual sync. I next tried a hard reset of the phone and still had the same issue with the native client and Touchdown. I followed this by enabling wi-fi and email came in just as expected. Turn wi-fi off and no email.
My AT&T account is still active so I installed the SIM, added the AT&T APN, deleted the Straight Talk APN, and power cycled the phone. All is well, everything works just as it should.
What's up with Straight Talk? Anyone have this problem and fix it? Is there a setting for Straight Talk that is not part of their setup spec's.
Any and all help is appreciated.
- 09-27-2012, 01:49 PM #2
Re: Nexus, Exchange and Straight Talk
Hmm I've got a new Outlook.com address syncing via Exchange in the stock 4.1.1 "EMail" app and it seems to be working on Straight Talk (AT&T).
Are you using the "proxy" line in the APN settings? This seems to be the cause of most problems for people... I've been running for just over a month on ST with the proxy disabled and have had no problems at all. It's simple so I'd try that.
Also, are you using GMail at all? I'd be curious to see if push email was working fine on the GMail app.LG Nexus 5 / LG Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL // T-Mobile / AT&T
- 09-27-2012, 04:53 PM #4
- 09-27-2012, 07:08 PM #7LG Nexus 5 / LG Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL // T-Mobile / AT&T
- By Roger88401 in forum Samsung Galaxy S II SkyrocketReplies: 21Last Post: 08-22-2013, 10:35 PM
- By Kale Blossom in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 17Last Post: 02-05-2013, 10:32 AM
- By kryptalivian in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 09-20-2012, 01:42 PM
- By oilmud in forum IntroductionsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-26-2012, 08:27 PM
- By geocurt in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 1Last Post: 01-11-2012, 05:55 AM