1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    STOCK

Post What are ways to flash a rom onto a gnex?

So my friend got robbed earlier today and that got me to think about adding a security app, Cerberus. And in the description the only way to uninstall Cerberus was to flash another ROM onto the phone. And I'm wondering if flashing a rom is through USB only. If that's correct then I will disable the mass storage...unless there's another way? I don't know much about rooting/flashing roms.

If anyone knows how to keep a thief from uninstalling Cerberus or any anti theft app for that matter without having to root the phone I am very interested in knowing how. And if you have any tips for preventing theft of my phone please do tell!

Default Re: What are ways to flash a rom onto a gnex?

USB Mass Storage isn't available on the Galaxy Nexus to begin with, so you can't disable it.

Honestly there's no way to be safe unless you run a 100% stock device with a locked bootloader and encrypted file system w/ pattern or PIN lock. Even then, with a few terminal commands anyone can unlock the bootloader, wipe the device, and flash a stock image and overwrite everything. If the person who steals the phone knows what they're doing, they can completely wipe and return the phone to stock in about 15 minutes. Additional security measures only protect your data from being seen by the person, they'll never protect the device from being wiped. If your phone's USB port works, they can do it.
    LG Nexus 5 / LG Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL // T-Mobile / AT&T