A question about SIM cards...

nbieter

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
My family bought me a cell phone and plan without consulting me, so now I have a Atrix HD with an 2 year At&t plan thats covered. The Atrix is an okay phone, but I am looking to go full nexus (I got the nexus 7 earlier). Since my family is covering the wireless payments I don't really want to switch to prepaid.

Is it possible to buy a Nexus and put the current 2 year contract AT&T SIM in there? Will it work or does it only work with AT&T branded devices? I hope that isn't the case so I can just sell this Atrix and then buy a Nexus unlocked.

Thanks, Nick

FBPD10

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Your sim card will work with any GSM unlocked phones or AT& T phone. If your family is paying for the phone and usage its hard to find something wrong with the whole deal though

Sent from my SGH-T999

nbieter

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well the idea is to sell the Atrix and put the money toward buying the nexus... The Atrix has really bad battery life and doesn't feel very good in the hand. Also, no jelly bean. I know its slightly picky, but hey Android is all about choice...

Thanks for the confirmation that it will work though.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to take it out and pop the SIM into the GNex. AT&T may have to re-provision it differently (AT&T sucks for that) and/or you'll change some APN settings, but it'll work eventually.