Notification for some apps not working

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Some of my apps don't show up notifications like facebook app. If I get a message from facebook my app doesn't notify me of that message. Could this be due to me having a facebook app and a facebook messenger app at the same time? I made sure the settings for both enable notification but I still don't get it. I get notifications randomly but only sometimes and not all the time. Any help with this?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Is Facebook Messenger the only app not working properly? If its the only one doing this, its likely just FB messing up.

With that app, if you have facebook open in a browser and signed into chat, it can often intercept the messages and your phone won't be notified. It does a pretty good job about switching between notifying the phone and the computer when it thinks you're using each one, but sometimes there's grey area and you'll either get double notifications or no notifications.

If you're just never getting notifications for Facebook Messenger, I'd check the app settings (from the phone's settings menu) to make sure you haven't globally turned off its notifications (a new Jelly Bean feature). If not, I'd double check the app settings then uninstall/reinstall it and start over.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781