Well, I did it.

ljredeye

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I finally broke down and ordered my GNex today. I should expect it to arrive sometime Thursday or Friday. And no, I'm not waiting for the GNex sequel, but will wait until the hardware bugs are flushed out.

ljredeye

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Got mine this afternoon. Good god, why havent I decided to do this last year is beyond me. Got everything set. Even the camera is not bothering me.

All except Google Wallet.

Everytime I open it I get the unsupported device message. So, question is, is there a way to use it WITHOUT a SIM card? I'll be activating it layer next month.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Is it rooted? If so, you get this error message but GWallet still works.

Got mine this afternoon. Good god, why havent I decided to do this last year is beyond me. Got everything set. Even the camera is not bothering me.

Everytime I open it I get the unsupported device message. So, question is, is there a way to use it WITHOUT a SIM card? I'll be activating it layer next month.

sanman202

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
You'll enjoy it! I still love this phone and I've had it since early July. No junkware on it! The screen is still as beautiful as on the devices coming out now. Should be good for another year or so before it really starts to get dated. By that time the next Gnex 5" plus screen will be in my hands. A year old is actually considered old in the mobile world but this device was a little ahead of it's time when it came out.

ljredeye

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
You'll enjoy it! I still love this phone and I've had it since early July. No junkware on it! The screen is still as beautiful as on the devices coming out now. Should be good for another year or so before it really starts to get dated. By that time the next Gnex 5" plus screen will be in my hands. A year old is actually considered old in the mobile world but this device was a little ahead of it's time when it came out.

I've noticed that too just when I updated it to 4.1.2. I can probably get two years out of it.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

I don't believe you can use Google Wallet without a data (or wifi) connection, so until the phone is activated you won't be able to use Google Wallet for purchasing anyway. It would be possible though to, say, go to McDonald's, connect to their wifi, and then use Google Wallet.

ljredeye

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe you can use Google Wallet without a data (or wifi) connection, so until the phone is activated you won't be able to use Google Wallet for purchasing anyway. It would be possible though to, say, go to McDonald's, connect to their wifi, and then use Google Wallet.

I've had a Nexus 7 with Google Wallet on. When I paid for a smoothie with a tablet I wasn't connected to a wifi and when I could Google Wallet synced and the transaction showed up. Why not on the phone?

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Thinking of breaking down too. I have Nexus s 4G and getting tired of the slow response. I found a couple Nexus galaxy for 340-350 on ebay sprint phones. Do you think it's a fair price? Or should I wait another month for a bigger price drop. My current contract does not end until 11/13. :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Thinking of breaking down too. I have Nexus s 4G and getting tired of the slow response. I found a couple Nexus galaxy for 340-350 on ebay sprint phones. Do you think it's a fair price? Or should I wait another month for a bigger price drop. My current contract does not end until 11/13. :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I just snagged a Sprint Gnex on eBay for $175 this week. In excellent condition with clean ESN. Most I watched went for $200-300. I definitely would not pay over $250 for one at this point. Good luck, it's a sweet toy. :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2