Low speaker volume on Galaxy Nexus

Sriman

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone figure out a way to increase volume on the speakers yet? I am not sure how Samsung and Google missed this simple thing on an otherwise great phone....

Thanks,
Sriman
Cool Apps

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Volume+ was a good solution but does not currently work with JB and it looks like the developer has lost interest. If you are using the stock play music app enabling EQ while playing a song and kicking up some of the slides should help a bit.

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I know the speaker is one of the very few let downs on galaxy nexus...
Even I struggled wid speaker issues....
Tried volume+....but now wid jb it doesn't work....
M using speaker boost as of now...some what increases the volume overall...not bad....try it n lemme know!:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Sriman

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Have installed speaker boost.. Didnt notice any change... Will observe it for a couple of days before removing...

I know the speaker is one of the very few let downs on galaxy nexus...
Even I struggled wid speaker issues....
Tried volume+....but now wid jb it doesn't work....
M using speaker boost as of now...some what increases the volume overall...not bad....try it n lemme know!:)

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Speaker boost seems to have worked for me too..Well I installed that and Franco Kernel and somewhere along the line, she speaker seems to have become a little better :)

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I know...it does not make a world of a difference coz probably the speaker of the fone is low itself...these apps jus get it a notch better....try to get the best v can..I wonder wen companies can make such amazing fones wid amazing screen n ask the high processors....how they do nothing to evolve the speaker thing....
I mean...given the galaxy nexus....amazing fone...but speaker quality(n battery life) sux big time.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Sriman

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I wonder wen companies can make such amazing fones wid amazing screen n ask the high processors....how they do nothing to evolve the speaker thing....
I mean...given the galaxy nexus....amazing fone...but speaker quality(n battery life) sux big time.....

Cant agree more....

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
The battery life on mine has been out of this world! The only issues I've had are with the quiet speaker and some screen burn..

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Do u use the extended battery o the one that comes with the fone itself....Coz m really pissed with my battery life...only point I crib on....my battery lasts for around 6 7 hours with just normal usage(without Wi-Fi or 3g)....

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I do use the extended battery but I didn't think it would provide that much more battery life? I always get at least 16 hours of usage from it and I'm always on the thing and have Wi-Fi and GPS turned on at all times, I unplug the phone from the charger around 11 at night and it easily lasts me until the next day at the same time so that's 16 hours usage minimum and then around 7 hours standby..

Sriman

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I do use the extended battery but I didn't think it would provide that much more battery life? I always get at least 16 hours of usage from it and I'm always on the thing and have Wi-Fi and GPS turned on at all times, I unplug the phone from the charger around 11 at night and it easily lasts me until the next day at the same time so that's 16 hours usage minimum and then around 7 hours standby..

Do you have any recommendations on where we can get the extended battery?

http://srimanapps.wordpress.com

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Dunc

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
The speakers are really muted. Turn by turn navigation is really useless, unless I hold the phone up to my ear.

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I haven't got a clue sorry :( I got the phone off eBay and it came with the normal and extended battery, its the official Samsung/Google one though, don't know where they sell them though..

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The battery life on mine has been out of this world! The only issues I've had are with the quiet speaker and some screen burn..

??!!!!! I have 4G, Data sync and screen brightness to 50 percent and i get a full days worth with good use. Waaaay beteer with Jb than ICS

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Wow dude...ask I can say is ur lucky....coz wid jus sync on n 2g net...I dint get battery life better than 7 hrs max

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20