Stock Browser in Jelly Bean 4.1.1 and Google Chrome???

redhalo79

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I am the happy owner of a Galaxy Nexus phone from Verizon. It is a great phone! I updated the device to the latest version of JB(4.1.1) and I noticed that Google Chrome was not installed with this update so I downloaded and have been using it. I decided to try the default browser and it is pretty nice too, it even has some features that Chrome does not have (Quick Controls under Labs section of settings). Is this default browser just Google Chrome under another name with beta features or is it a stand alone browser? If it is stand alone, who makes this browser cause it is pretty sweet?

Thanks
:) Harold :)

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I am the happy owner of a Galaxy Nexus phone from Verizon. It is a great phone! I updated the device to the latest version of JB(4.1.1) and I noticed that Google Chrome was not installed with this update so I downloaded and have been using it. I decided to try the default browser and it is pretty nice too, it even has some features that Chrome does not have (Quick Controls under Labs section of settings). Is this default browser just Google Chrome under another name with beta features or is it a stand alone browser? If it is stand alone, who makes this browser cause it is pretty sweet?

Thanks
:) Harold :)

As of right now, latest version is 4.1.2 Chrome is not the default. It IS however the default for the Nexus 7 tablet, not the phones. and....not too sure who makes the standard stock browser... google maybe?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Chrome and the default browser are both made by Google and two separate browsers.

Google made stock browser for Android and later developed Chrome. now they are trying to replace the stock browser with chrome .

Nexus 7 is the first tablet and first step in that direction. They are really not trying to do this with old phone because people might get disappointed.

redhalo79

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
So when I receive that 4.1.2 update, it is very likely the stock browser will go away for good. I am going to pick up the Nexus 7 or at least wait to see pricing on Nexus 10, maybe it will be $249? Time will tell

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So when I receive that 4.1.2 update, it is very likely the stock browser will go away for good. I am going to pick up the Nexus 7 or at least wait to see pricing on Nexus 10, maybe it will be $249? Time will tell
Not in Galaxy Nexus. it will still be there on 4.1.2 but 4.2 not sure.

Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 removed stock browser and only comes with chrome.

mkanet

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Consider yourself lucky if you have a chance to use the Stock Jellybean 4.1.1 browser. Its extremely fast with its "quick controls" function. Also, it lets you use a very stable and fast version of Flash Player; for full compatibility at all websites. Chrome purposefully blocks Flash player; eventhough the latest Android Flashplayer versions work exceptionally well.

Ill probably keep using the stock browser + Flash player until there aren't anymore websites that use flash (which will be a while). No point limiting myself if I don't have to.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante