Galaxy Nexus Screen doesn't stay off...

mountainmanw

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm running CM10 on my Galaxy Nexus, and between 80% and 20% battery, whenever I turn off my screen, the screen just turns back on again and stays on... It also keeps telling me off and on that the phone is charging, which I think is the reason the screen is staying on. It'll blink that it's charging, and then say it isn't over and over and over. I wiped the phone and reinstalled the OS already but that didn't do anything.

It drains the hell out of my battery and it's frustrating that my phone doesn't last all day anymore...

Anyone experiencing the same issue? Is there somewhere else I should go for advice? XDA forums?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
You've got a well-known issue with your charging port. The phone thinks it's being plugged in, which turns on the screen. Its either dirty (hopefully) and can be cleaned out with a swab and a bit of rubbing alcohol (afaik), or its actually faulty/broken and you'll have to pay to replace it, or replace it yourself. There's nothing else you can do to fix it, it's not a software issue.