Nexus 4 announced, Galaxy Nexus no longer in Play Store?

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I can't help but think they gotta have extra inventory, what's to become of it? The Nexus 4s pricing is great but if they slashed the gnex to $200 or something, my vivid would be on ebay tonight.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
You know what? Buy back. This might very well be the point of the gs premier now. Google sends them back to Samsung, and they strip them down, and remanufacturer them into gs premiers.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
They probably don't have that much leftover inventory, they were surely doing very limited manufacturing runs.

The Nexus 4 destroys the GNex in price and value, so this makes sense.

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Any idea how much can sell the gnex for? 16 GB nexus 4 is 349+ tax .

250 too much to ask for 10 month old gnex? I'm thinking at least no less than 200??? What do you all think?

I'm afraid the play store comes out with unlocked gnex 99 or something and then it would have no resale value lol

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it's was hoping they have a fire sale and clearance out the old nexus. But I also didn't count in the 4 being so cheap.

Honestly I almost feel stupid now thinking they would clearance the gnex out. I mean with 16 gigs of storage, it's going to rival the 8 gig nexus 4! And Google isn't going to allow that. Also the s certainly fell off the face of the Earth too, yet still gets updates ;-)

Overall I was pretty giddy over the news. A guy who was complaining about storage before, now I'm contemplating the 8 gig model to save another 50 bucks

Ptrm

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I too was thinking about getting the GNex if it was cheap enough, however, since thereis no GNex sales there is no reason for me not to get the 4.

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I like my Samsung Nexus, and I have only had it since May. I have used Gazelle in the past to sell phones, and have got good rates.
I went through to see how much I could get for my Nexus it is in a case, and it is in perfect condition, and they would give me $160, don't think it is worth it.

Again, the Samsung Nexus is not going to go obsolete that fast, it will still get upgrades from Google.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the very unpopular overpriced at launch market flop Motorola Xoom still gets updates from Google being a nexus without the name basically as it was the honeycomb launch device.

And the nexus s is practically ancient in terms of hardware seeing it was based off the original galaxy s phones. I really don't know where they stop. They did cut off the one, but it was a first generation snapdragon with a crap gpu, which was what their reasoning was for cutting it off.
Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

kellsarah

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
WTF all the accessories for the Galaxy nexus are gone too. I just want the oem vehicle mount but now i can't find one anywhere. I don't want one of the S**ty universal ones or the Verizon/Sprint version that doesn't have the charging pins in it.:'(

ncguy

May 23, 2010
Visit site
WTF all the accessories for the Galaxy nexus are gone too. I just want the oem vehicle mount but now i can't find one anywhere. I don't want one of the S**ty universal ones or the Verizon/Sprint version that doesn't have the charging pins in it.:'(

Ebay?

Sriman

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Probably they don't have too much inventory left. I don't think there would be a fire sale of this phone. But they should not have removed the accessories.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Ridiculous. Why would I pay more for it? These sellers are drunk.

Ah well at $350 the only reason I could see getting a Gnex over a 4 is removable battery, but hell its 2100mah, and with no lte it should have better life than my vivid anyway.

Also fwiw if you buy a Gnex you gotta deal with Samsung for warranty service, but I looked it up and just like the 7,Google is handling warranties on the nexus 4. So overall if you have a Gnex now keep it, if you don't, buy a 4 its a no brainer

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae