Will the galaxy nexus Still be worth over the nexus 4 once its released?

GalaxyAndroid

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys.
So ive been saving up some money to buy my new phone. I initially was between the GNex and the S3. But i chose the GNex since it is cheaper and other stuff.
Anyway now that LG nexus 4 release date is close im wondering if its still a good move to buy the GNex. what i look in a phone is for it to be fast, Customizable like roms, Root and support community and that it has good web browsing. If someone could help me making my choice i would thank it very much
Thanks in advance

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
very very bad move buying Gnexus now especially nexus 4 sells for the same price and below.

Nexus 4 is leap and bound compared to Gnexus.

developer support for nexus 4 would be same as Gnexus. all you have do is wait for the device to release. with in weeks you will get tons of roms

jtprec

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Decisions, decisions. Just sold my gnex, and can't decide between the nexus 4, or the galaxy note 2. If I decide on the latter, I would have to renew my contract for another 2 years.
Someone talk me out of renewing!

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Decisions, decisions. Just sold my gnex, and can't decide between the nexus 4, or the galaxy note 2. If I decide on the latter, I would have to renew my contract for another 2 years.

Get the Nexus 4 ( it looks sweet )

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys.
So ive been saving up some money to buy my new phone. I initially was between the GNex and the S3. But i chose the GNex since it is cheaper and other stuff.
Anyway now that LG nexus 4 release date is close im wondering if its still a good move to buy the GNex. what i look in a phone is for it to be fast, Customizable like roms, Root and support community and that it has good web browsing. If someone could help me making my choice i would thank it very much
Thanks in advance

The performance of my GNex doesn't seen to have changed since the Nexus 4 was announced. It's still a quite capable phone. Honestly, it's dual core and has 1GB of RAM that is plenty for it to be very usable for a good while.

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Same boat as you. I want both too. And at the moment it looks to be that i may get both and just swap out week by week.

ChipsNGuac

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Personally I'd rather have the GNex but that's mostly because the Nex4 is not as good looking and from what I've heard doesnt even have a removable battery. That said, now and in the next few weeks is a great time to get a good deal on a GNex. Swappa.com has 24 listed, some in mint condition with extra batteries & cases for prices as low as $250 (including shipping).

Swappa Buy Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked)

Netpunky

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Odp: Will the galaxy nexus Still be worth over the nexus 4 once its released?

I've bought white Galaxy Nexus recently. I know that Nexus 4 has better specs. I appreciete it. Nexus 4 is amazing phone but I love design of Galaxy Nexus and in white it looks gorgeous. It may helps that I also have nothing against retro hardware, vintage guitars and old cars. Galaxy Nexus is my dream phone and I'm going to use it as long as possible. I love it in my hand, no reason to switch for different device, now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I've bought white Galaxy Nexus recently. I know that Nexus 4 has better specs. I appreciete it. Nexus 4 is amazing phone but I love design of Galaxy Nexus and in white it looks gorgeous. It may helps that I also have nothing against retro hardware, vintage guitars and old cars. Galaxy Nexus is my dream phone and I'm going to use it as long as possible. I love it in my hand, no reason to switch for different device, now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Well put, definitely getting that white housing.
Does it get dirty easily?

Netpunky

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Odp: Will the galaxy nexus Still be worth over the nexus 4 once its released?

Well put, definitely getting that white housing.
Does it get dirty easily?

So far, no problems with a dirt on the white finish, only the black, glossy screen gets fingerprints easily.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
With the Nexus 4 at $299/$349, I see absolutely no reason to buy the GNex.
Great point, Andrew. Prior to reading through the thread I was leaning towards recommending the GNex unless the OP wanted something more up to date in terms of hardware. But given the N4 price point getting the device is the better choice to have great hardware for not so much more of a cost.

bman123

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you think it is worth it to buy a mint GNex GSM version for $200 with shipping? I currently have a galaxy S Blaze 4g and I hate the 4 inch screen it's too small, I know the cpu is more powerful in the blaze but the screen size sucks

ChipsNGuac

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Do you think it is worth it to buy a mint GNex GSM version for $200 with shipping? I currently have a galaxy S Blaze 4g and I hate the 4 inch screen it's too small, I know the cpu is more powerful in the blaze but the screen size sucks

I think its worth it and that's a great price. The Gnex is super smooth and can be overclocked to 1.8ghz. But that'd just IMO.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I think its worth it and that's a great price. The Gnex is super smooth and can be overclocked to 1.8ghz. But that'd just IMO.

Agreed real world you'll barely notice the difference in speed and usability between a GN and a N4. If you have good eyes though, the screen on the N4 will be an improvement. If your my age, 50+ you won't notice.

I would still always go with the newer phone, but its up to one's budget $200 or less for a Goggle GN(Which makes it less then a year old) is a great buy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37