Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrew Martonik
  • 4 Post By sting7k
  • 1 Post By Netpunky
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will the galaxy nexus Still be worth over the nexus 4 once its released?

Hey Guys.
    So ive been saving up some money to buy my new phone. I initially was between the GNex and the S3. But i chose the GNex since it is cheaper and other stuff.
    Anyway now that LG nexus 4 release date is close im wondering if its still a good move to buy the GNex. what i look in a phone is for it to be fast, Customizable like roms, Root and support community and that it has good web browsing. If someone could help me making my choice i would thank it very much
    Thanks in advance

Default Re: Will the galaxy nexus Still be worth over the nexus 4 once its released?

very very bad move buying Gnexus now especially nexus 4 sells for the same price and below.

Nexus 4 is leap and bound compared to Gnexus.

developer support for nexus 4 would be same as Gnexus. all you have do is wait for the device to release. with in weeks you will get tons of roms

Default Re: Will the galaxy nexus Still be worth over the nexus 4 once its released?

With the Nexus 4 at $299/$349, I see absolutely no reason to buy the GNex.
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T
    Thanked by:
    Marnon 
    srkmagnus likes this.

Unless the GNex drops under $200, there's no point in getting it now.

Agreed with everyone above me. Same price better specs for the phone. I would just get the nexus 4

And the Galaxy Nexus is no longer listed in the store....
    Pat

Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Decisions, decisions. Just sold my gnex, and can't decide between the nexus 4, or the galaxy note 2. If I decide on the latter, I would have to renew my contract for another 2 years.
    Someone talk me out of renewing!
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

Quote Originally Posted by jdroidt View Post
    Decisions, decisions. Just sold my gnex, and can't decide between the nexus 4, or the galaxy note 2. If I decide on the latter, I would have to renew my contract for another 2 years.
    Get the Nexus 4 ( it looks sweet )

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Global Posts
    3,493 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyAndroid View Post
    Hey Guys.
    So ive been saving up some money to buy my new phone. I initially was between the GNex and the S3. But i chose the GNex since it is cheaper and other stuff.
    Anyway now that LG nexus 4 release date is close im wondering if its still a good move to buy the GNex. what i look in a phone is for it to be fast, Customizable like roms, Root and support community and that it has good web browsing. If someone could help me making my choice i would thank it very much
    Thanks in advance
    The performance of my GNex doesn't seen to have changed since the Nexus 4 was announced. It's still a quite capable phone. Honestly, it's dual core and has 1GB of RAM that is plenty for it to be very usable for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by jdroidt View Post
    Same boat as you. I want both too. And at the moment it looks to be that i may get both and just swap out week by week.

ROM
    CNA 3.8

Personally I'd rather have the GNex but that's mostly because the Nex4 is not as good looking and from what I've heard doesnt even have a removable battery. That said, now and in the next few weeks is a great time to get a good deal on a GNex. Swappa.com has 24 listed, some in mint condition with extra batteries & cases for prices as low as $250 (including shipping).

Swappa Buy Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked)

Default Odp: Will the galaxy nexus Still be worth over the nexus 4 once its released?

I've bought white Galaxy Nexus recently. I know that Nexus 4 has better specs. I appreciete it. Nexus 4 is amazing phone but I love design of Galaxy Nexus and in white it looks gorgeous. It may helps that I also have nothing against retro hardware, vintage guitars and old cars. Galaxy Nexus is my dream phone and I'm going to use it as long as possible. I love it in my hand, no reason to switch for different device, now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    lfth0k likes this.
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

Quote Originally Posted by Netpunky View Post
    I've bought white Galaxy Nexus recently. I know that Nexus 4 has better specs. I appreciete it. Nexus 4 is amazing phone but I love design of Galaxy Nexus and in white it looks gorgeous. It may helps that I also have nothing against retro hardware, vintage guitars and old cars. Galaxy Nexus is my dream phone and I'm going to use it as long as possible. I love it in my hand, no reason to switch for different device, now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Well put, definitely getting that white housing.
    Does it get dirty easily?

Default Odp: Will the galaxy nexus Still be worth over the nexus 4 once its released?

Quote Originally Posted by joshua.worth View Post
    Well put, definitely getting that white housing.
    Does it get dirty easily?

So far, no problems with a dirt on the white finish, only the black, glossy screen gets fingerprints easily.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Martonik View Post
    I agree except for one little thing, lte. The phone itself is superior but if you want lte you have to go gnex baby

I don't need no stinking signature

Global Posts
    8,194 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Martonik View Post
    Great point, Andrew. Prior to reading through the thread I was leaning towards recommending the GNex unless the OP wanted something more up to date in terms of hardware. But given the N4 price point getting the device is the better choice to have great hardware for not so much more of a cost.

Do you think it is worth it to buy a mint GNex GSM version for $200 with shipping? I currently have a galaxy S Blaze 4g and I hate the 4 inch screen it's too small, I know the cpu is more powerful in the blaze but the screen size sucks
    LTE is the devil

ROM
    CNA 3.8

Quote Originally Posted by bman123 View Post
    Do you think it is worth it to buy a mint GNex GSM version for $200 with shipping? I currently have a galaxy S Blaze 4g and I hate the 4 inch screen it's too small, I know the cpu is more powerful in the blaze but the screen size sucks
    I think its worth it and that's a great price. The Gnex is super smooth and can be overclocked to 1.8ghz. But that'd just IMO.

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

Quote Originally Posted by ChipsNGuac View Post
    I think its worth it and that's a great price. The Gnex is super smooth and can be overclocked to 1.8ghz. But that'd just IMO.

Agreed real world you'll barely notice the difference in speed and usability between a GN and a N4. If you have good eyes though, the screen on the N4 will be an improvement. If your my age, 50+ you won't notice.

I would still always go with the newer phone, but its up to one's budget $200 or less for a Goggle GN(Which makes it less then a year old) is a great buy.
    N5 Black 32GB 4.4.4(I love this thing!!), N4 (4.4.4), iphone 5, ONE+64GB N7(4.4.4) AT&T The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...