Need to relock Bootloader but PC can't see my Galaxy Nexus

famasfilms

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Galaxy Nexus GSM (Vodafone UK). I am on my 5th handset because they keep developing the same fault: refusing to charge, whether I plug the phone into an AC socket or to a computer the handset refuses to charge. I have to keep re-connecting it to a PC until it starts to charge.

I now have requested my insurance provider to give me a cash settlement for the phone instead of another refurbished replacement handset. My plan is to purchase a Nexus 4 instead.

My phone has a locked bootloader which needs to be relocked before I send it back to the insurance company. However, my latest handset is never recognised by my computers (my desktop at home, my work laptop and my housemate's living room pc). Therefore I cannot relock the bootloader using Nexus Toolkit or similar.

I tried installing the "Bootunlocker" app from the Play store but as my phone is not rooted this will not work.

Does anyone have either:

a) a fix for the device not showing up on the computer (I have tried reinstalling all drivers)
b) a way to relock the bootloader without using a computer, or needing a rooted phone
c) a way to root the phone without using a computer, so that I can use Bootunlocker

famasfilms

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Multiple cables/chargers....as I mentioned, the phone is about to be shipped back to the insurance company because this is a hardware fault

ChipsNGuac

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest trying the WugFresh Nexus Root Toolkit. It is a great tool I have used to lock/unlock, root/unroot, my GNex and it's very user friendly. It has a built in tool to help you get your computer to recognize the phone with a walk through. The first time I tried hooking my phone up to my computer it didnt recognize it either, even after the normal driver install process. I used the WugFresh toolkit and now it works every time.

Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5.4 | WugFresh

ChEeCh187

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
AOKP ROMs have a fast charge/sub charge setting in the ROM control tab under settings. If it's on you will not be able yo connect as a media device = no recognition by the pc.
Just a thought...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums