Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM

Default New Google Now movement tracker

I had this card show up this morning when I went to check the weather and while I think the feature is interesting, it doesn't seem very accurate. I know that I walked more than 12 miles over the course of September as I walk several blocks each way to work and go hiking 3-4 times a week. I also did not ride a bike this month. Has anyone else seen this and how accurate does it seem?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Google Now movement tracker-uploadfromtaptalk1351779723504.jpg  

Default Re: New Google Now movement tracker

I got it too..Its not very accurate but i believe it will be tweaked soon since this is a new feature.

when you are in a slow moving vehicle maybe when you are moving in a certain speed it will classify the distance as cycling

I got it too today and do not see any options to disable it. I might like it at some point but it would be nice if I was allowed to make that decision.
    Pat

Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM

I hadn't checked to see if you could disable it but I would assume that's disabling location tracking would turn this off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I haven't received this card, would like to see how accurate it is. I rode my bike 314 miles in October so i'm curious how accurate this will be.

Quote Originally Posted by wr1020 View Post
    I haven't received this card, would like to see how accurate it is. I rode my bike 314 miles in October so i'm curious how accurate this will be.
    you have to enable location history to get this card. I believe its shows up 1st of every month

It's pretty cool though, I was surprised by it today as well.

Mine said I walked 2 miles in September and 5 miles in October... I guess I really need to get out of the house more.. LMAO!

I'm going to assume it only works with the Now enabled device being carried with you, I don't typically carry my Nexus 7 on my bike rides, that would be a little too much screen. It might be more interesting if it pulled data from Strava which I actively use to track rides, and it would be more useful it Now displayed that data from any of your google logged in devices. It might be neat to see if it figures out walking between car and desk, or desk and lunch kind of distances that I don't usually keep track of.