Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Galaxy Nexus Sudden Loss of Mobile Service Capability

Quote Originally Posted by warsaws00 View Post
    Recovery mode only displays 4 options I see. It has clear wipe data, and clear cache, and install from USB or install from DBP or whatever.
    make sure you have the latest recovery (clockworkmod) by getting Rom Manager through Play Store and update it through Rom Manager.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by warsaws00 View Post
    Recovery mode only displays 4 options I see. It has clear wipe data, and clear cache, and install from USB or install from DBP or whatever.
    make sure you have the latest recovery (clockworkmod) by getting Rom Manager through Play Store and update it through Rom Manager.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

All right well I rerooted it and had it put clockwork yadayada on it. Went into recovery then installed those 2 zips. Now it rebooted and it will not do anything it just shows a shiny stylized "android" logo.

I used the toolkit and put it back to factory restore. I'm just going to send it in for warranty, I can't wait any longer thanks anyways for the feedback and help.
    Last edited by warsaws00; 11-05-2012 at 09:25 AM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

I figured out how to install the roms/ etc like was mentioned earlier using CWM. Flashing a new ROM didnt help. But this morning I installed a different baseband and then used GetRIL to install a matching one. The 3rd one I tried so far seems to be working and I'm hesitant to say its working well again. Thanks for all the feedback from this forum.
    shkim698 likes this.

Hi,

I am in a same problem as you are and have been following your thread for quite a while. Its really heartening to know that you finally got your device working.

Could you please let me know the different RIL / Baseband versions you installed and the one that is working currently for you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reachvinay View Post
    Hi,

I am in a same problem as you are and have been following your thread for quite a while. Its really heartening to know that you finally got your device working.

Could you please let me know the different RIL / Baseband versions you installed and the one that is working currently for you.

Thanks
    my Gnex is a GSM europe brand and when i had the problem with the signal, i had UGKL1 radio (North America) installed and fixed the issue for me.
    And then, I updated the radio to the latest version of the European baseband XXLH1 and that still works for me.
    My advice, either if you have a european, then try using american baseband, vice versa or update to the latest version.

Thanks for the tip, mine came with the European baseband and I did try swapping it with the UGLH1 version but had no success.

Here is the exact nature of my problem.

With the latest JB 4.2 (yakju-jop40c) I get a "BaseBand Uknown", "IMEI Unknown" . I see the same problem even with JB 4.1.2 (yakju-jzo54k)

But if I downgrade it to JB 4.0.4 (yakju-imm76i), I do get my IMEI back and my BaseBand version now shows I9250XXLA02. My phone registers to my local GSM network but then the signal strength is zero and I am unable to make / receive calls.

GetRIL shows green with BaseBand set to I9250XXLA02 and RIL set to XXLA

Is there any other way by which I can see fix this signal issue
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12