KERNEL/APP support NTFS 120GB ext hd?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
looking for an app (preferably, or Kernel if i have to) that supports external NTFS hard drive (120GB)--

already tried/trying NTFS Mounter, but it doesn't recognize it
already tried USB Mass Storage, but it doesn't recognize it.
running StickMount successfully which can view 32gb & lower micro-sd card successfully.

phone's rooted, running BAMF paradigm 2.3(4?), and able to view a 32GB FAT32 microsd card via OTG cable--but can't get the 120GB HD to show up.
read that the kernel has to support NTFS or have Fuse support?
anyone know of any kernel for GNEX that supports FUSE/NTFS?

cavemandaveman

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why you would need to physically connect the two unless you are on the go and nowhere near a computer....there are ways of browsing/copying files over lan with shared folders in ES File Explorer. Mounting a drive onto your phone through wifi is another possibility, but can be more complicated.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
this is an OTG cable so it's used primarily when a computer is not nearby--

scenario: using an external hard drive when in the car, out on lunch, and able to browse through Seasons of TV shows on the Hard Drive that now no longer need to be on the phone's memory.

this completely cuts the computer out of the scenario (and thereby LAN)--

i've gotten my 32gb card to work in an sd card reader attached to the phone (arrested development/simpsons/venture brothers)--but my external hard drive has loads more shows/seasons/movies on it that i want to be able to access.

and so far, no apps are able to successfully support NTFS (most require FUSE support via the Kernel) external hard drives, so i've got to find out:
1) is my External drawing too much power & unable to be read successfully by the phone (USB cable connected to/drawing power from phone)
2) is there a known kernel with FUSE support for the GSM nexus

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
yes i did. it states 'FUSE' support required--but i'm having a hard time finding any JB supported Kernels with FUSE coded in.
so, sadly--it's a no go on that. which is a bummer b/c Paragon is a great app from what i've read.