Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    stock

Default Lock screen music players - 20 second lag

Hello, i just recently did a factory reset on my phone (vzw nexus) about a month ago, and about a week ago, my lock screen music controls started to lag. whether its pause, play, forward, or backward, it takes about 20 seconds for each. i read that some people had this problem only on the initial pause, play, forward, or back, but for me it happens every time. anyone know any ideas on what is causing this, or fix to it. i use google music, rdio, and BeyondPod, and it happens for each.

Default Re: Lock screen music players - 20 second lag

clear data/cache for music player and try again
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    stock

that didn't help with the problem, i'm not sure why its happening. it was working fine for a few weeks after the factory reset, then all of a sudden it started lagging.

Ok I had the same issue and this is what worked for me. Reboot your phone in safe mode and then start the music player. Test the lock screen and it should once again work normally. Then reboot the phone normally and test it to make sure. Hope that helps as I was super relieved when I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryCPT View Post
    Ok I had the same issue and this is what worked for me. Reboot your phone in safe mode and then start the music player. Test the lock screen and it should once again work normally. Then reboot the phone normally and test it to make sure. Hope that helps as I was super relieved when I did it.
    THANK YOU! that totally worked. thought i dropped my phone one two many times. i was honestly considering going to verizon and asking for a new phone. gracias!

Question Re: Lock screen music players - 20 second lag

Still getting lag. must be a memory issue. Anyone know of a good Memory management app i could download?