Cant boot to OS or Bootloader

railerfb55

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm on a sprint galaxy nexus. I had been running the latest AOKP build on ICS but decided to upgrade to JB tonight. I installed the JB upgrade and reinstalled all my apps and settings. Then I went to change my DPI via the program I used on ICS and now my phone will not boot into the OS. I get the google symbol then just a black screen. I tried the volume up/down and power button and it won't go into bootloader manually now either (part of the problem may be my volume down hardware button). I was able to get it to go there once but have not been able to again. I have a backup image I can revert to but I need to be able to get to bootloader. Neither fastboot or adb recognize my device as it is not booting and I believe I did not turn on debugging yet with this new install. Any ideas?

Thanks

railerfb55

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Just pressing the power button does nothing after it goes to the black screen. Removing the battery and rebooting just shows the google icon then goes to the black screen as before.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
with the phone powered up pull the battery out. Leave it out for 30 seconds or so. press and hold the vol+, vol-, and power. You SHOULD be able to get to bootloader this way. You have to hold them all down at the same time and continue to hold them down until the boot sequence starts. Once you get the boot menu, you should be able to use either vol+ or vol- to toggle to the correct boot (Start, Restart Bootloader, Recovery Mode, Power Off).

It may take some playing around, but I've read afew places that if your Gnex powers up you can unbrick it. It just takes some patience and trying different methods.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo