Share what you find in Jelly Bean 4.2

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been playing around with the lock screen widgets , there is an option to "remove" them but it doesn't work for me. Example.....I set the calendar widget, then the clock, then Gmail...I see those now as options but when I drag them to "remove" it doesn't take them.

emmib

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
So far I found some additional options in the developer settings. There is a new digital and analog clock widget, and Google included the old weather and news widget. There is also new transition effects noticeable when multitasking. Unfortunately what I didn't find was the nexus 4 wallpapers. I did not include some of the other stuff, ie two finger swipe from top of screen, to keep the post short.

What have YOU found that others may not know about?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Does the digital clock widget fit within its space on the Homescreen? I need to expand it to 2x4 to get the bottom to fit XD

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else using Handcent notice it stopped working after the 4.2 update, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, still keeps saying "Handcent has stopped working"

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The clock fits and can be expanded to show any additional time zones. But that may be just on the N7.

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that too. When I press the power button, the screen hesitates a second before turning off.

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yep, you hold the widget you want removed then drag up to the remove

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't use handcent. By I use Google voice and I know it was having a force close issue until it was updated today.

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed whether or not the N4 wallpapers came with the update. Mine did not. I was just curious.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely hate the Gallery app now! I can't properly crop anything. Its a mess! :banghead:

Y 4 U break Gallery, Googles?!? :(

Sent from my Nexus 7

lynmarti

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmm...something seems to be weird with GMail. I have a few messages that I've received since the OTA update that are showing in All Mail but not in Inbox (or Priority Inbox, but they shouldn't be there anyhow). They have the label 'Inbox' and when showing the Inbox, the unread number is two. The only unread messages are these two that are only in All Mail. If I apply another label to the messages, they appear there, but not in the inbox. Any ideas? They're not 'muted' conversations either. I can't help feeling that this may be a 'user' issue, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what it would be.

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Google Chrome is much smoother. I noticed improved performance on both my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7.

droidatl

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
"Exchange Services", "email", and "android system" are all seriously draining my battery since I did the update to gnex this morning. "Screen" usually is main drain but these 3 are sucking about 70% of my battery usage since update. I normally don't have to charge until I go to bed but today had to put it on charger at 5pm. Anyone else experiencing this?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

bcook75

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just received the OTA update to my Play Store Galaxy Nexus, rooted and unlocked. After install, lost root, but was able to restore it painlessly using the previously-installed "Voodoo OTA RootKeeper v2.0" app. Sweet.

Got a dozen app updates instantly after the install, including Google Voice. The only problem I am having so far is with Bluetooth - I am unable to enable it. Just won't turn on. Any hints?:-\

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Have to sign into the Amazon app store every time I open it. Kind of a pain

hotdoggnboi

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I found the following apps not currently compatiable with 4.2: HBOgo, MX Player (free version).

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed there is no HDR option in the camera? Is the GSM GNex not capable of taking that kind of pictures?

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Another cool find...go into advanced settings in WiFi and there is an optimization option to improve battery.

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Another cool find! If you activate the jelly bean fling easter egg in the about phone section. You will be able to set the jelly bean fling in the daydream section. Pretty cool to look at when I plug in the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca