Just recieved the 4.2 Update OTA GSM Nexus!!!!

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I just received the 4.2 OTA update on my Play Store GSM Nexus!!! that was pretty quick..and I was not expecting that..nice sweet surprise!!
The update is about 74MB.

Thanks!

slosh74

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
ungh lucky you :mad:
but on the bright side i just received the 4.2 update for my nexus 7!!!!!!!
:):):)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
using Android Central Forum

codejinchu

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I got the update just now and I gotta say there is a lot of little changes to call it key lime pie. I'm sure if it wasn't for Google just releasing Jellybean this would be the case. I love the fact that I can play with it on my Galaxy Nexus before I get the Nexus 4. I will play with OS for a while testing all my apps, I don't expect all of them to work perfectly into all the apps get update to work with them. This is the number one reason to go with a nexus device over carrier brand phones. Vanilla OS and fast updates is what the Nexus line is all about.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Loving that the camera app got updated, oh man, typing on the stock keyboard , liking the swype like capabilities..... Very promising , and I have been using swype forever..... Very excited

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

xikle

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I was impatient and just manually flashed it to my Galaxy Nexus, haven't gotten the update notification for my Nexus 7 yet though...

sanman202

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Got mine also. The clock is really nice and the lockscreen new options. The new notification settings area is nice. The camera though, doesn't have a way to click on pics that were just taken. At least I can't see how that works. You used to take a pick and a thumbnail would go into the corner of the screen and then you could click on that thumbnail to launch to view all of your pics on the phone. Do you now have to go out of the app? I also noticed that GPS keeps searching every few minutes.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Brightness on auto to me just looks brighter, and better.

sanman202

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I'll try that, thanks. Is that a Met cap and you are form the Bronx? I think the GPS search is from the weather channel app. It would not surprise me if their app is not totally up to par with this latest JB update. It was not doing it before the update. The worry is the battery being used with GPS seaching more.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Yep, a Mets fan in the Bronx, it's not easy...... Well, it's not easy being a Mets fan no matter where you live. :)

Been playing with the photo sphere, very cool

wr1020

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
With the changes done to the camera app i was hoping the camera focusing would be improved. Camera still seems to focus half the time which is really annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool