Anyone got OTA for yakju model?

TyBec

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I've read about a couple people that have received it. I have not got it yet myself....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mattatwar1

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
The yakju is basically the same as takju, yakju doesn't have Google wallet as a system app

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

mattatwar1

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
That's only for factory images and are usually released after OTA availability i.e. it's slower

Mr Hat Thing

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had the yakju update either. I'm frantically doing the Google Services Framework trick... and I think I'm breaking my phone :(
And I also heard vague things about other yakju users getting the update (namely the Australians).

And @Art_Vandelay you wouldn't happen to have anything more definitive? I know the one guy from Google said that there's no ETA on the OTAs, so I think we'll find out when the update is supposed to happen when it happens for us.

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
i have yakju no update yet! i would not recommend Google Services Framework trick unless you don't care about emails or google voice messages. I did it once and it turned my phone into useless brick.. it's fixable but really annoying!

Art_Vandelay

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
And @Art_Vandelay you wouldn't happen to have anything more definitive? I know the one guy from Google said that there's no ETA on the OTAs, so I think we'll find out when the update is supposed to happen when it happens for us.

No official release date that I know of, but you can always flash your Galaxy Nexus to takju using the factory image, if you can't wait any more... :)

If your phone misbehaves after performing the Google Services Framework trick, just remove your Google account and re enter it again, and that should fix it!

pangi

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Just got OTA for Yakju in Australia using the Google Services Framework force stop and clear cache method - did it 2 times before it started to download. This seems to coincide with the Yakju image being in the Google download area now also.

Ricanxd

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I was lucky I just looked at phone and had the notification that it was ready for install:thumbup:

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I got the update but now can't download or update Apps from the Google Play Store & it uninstalled bunch of my Apps which really sux!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy