Serious Buggyness on Android 4.2

icyitscold

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Google voice has been fixed (thankfully), but I'm seeing some 3 obnoxious bugs since getting the OTA to 4.2 last night.

1. Lock screen widgets (incl camera), After waking the screen, swiping left or right doesn't reliably work. I constantly have to turn the screen off and back on again to get it to work.

2. I'm seeing a really obvious and disturbing flicker when I press the task switcher button. It's most noticeable when I hit the home button to dismiss an app that I'm finished using and then immediately hit the task switch button to go and kill it. Did 4.2 kill my precious project butter?!

3. Force closes when viewing Photospheres in gallery. These happen periodically like 1 in 10 times. Very annoying since I want to show off this feature and I can't!

Anybody else seeing these?

AndyH_STi

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Google voice has been fixed (thankfully), but I'm seeing some 3 obnoxious bugs since getting the OTA to 4.2 last night.

1. Lock screen widgets (incl camera), After waking the screen, swiping left or right doesn't reliably work. I constantly have to turn the screen off and back on again to get it to work.

The lock screen swiping is definitely a bit touchy for me too. I find that I have to have my finger at the very edge of the screen in order to reliably swipe to the left or right.

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I use Google voice and when I receive a call . it tells me who it is and if I want to accept to press #1 (like always) but when I press #1 nothing happens! It repeats the instruction again and I end up not being able to accept call and have to call back

droidatl

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
"Exchange Services", is seriously draining my battery. Phone Needs a charge every 4 hours. Went 12 hours prior to the update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

KlineAJ

Jul 8, 2010
www.KlineAJ.com
I couldn't take the slowness anymore... I performed a reset on both my devices and will be seeing if it helped.

- - - Updated - - -

I couldn't take the slowness anymore... I performed a reset on both my devices and will be seeing if it helped.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's software error or user error. Every time I try to take a photosphere, the first image it grabs isn't lined up with everything else. I make sure to have the phone steady with the blue dot lined up, and I make sure to pan slowly and steadily. Somehow though, the first shot seems to be low and slighty left compared to the other shots. I've tried it enough times to be fairly certain its NOT that I'm aiming low and left on the first shot.... but maybe I am?

Any tips?

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
+1 to resetting the device. Wipe everything and install from scratch...the performance is back to normal after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles