Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Galaxy Nexus 4.2 Android Troubleshooting

Quote Originally Posted by N33k5 View Post
    Is anyone having problems with their GNex saying its charging when it isn't connected to any cables? Mine started doing this last week and I have been too busy to find out if anyone else is having the same problem after 4.2. I'm running stock takju 4.2 with bootloader unlocked and no other tweaks the phone has been dropped from an average of 4 feet several time prior to the update and has never exhibited this behavior before.
    Your charging port appears to be damaged. This is a known issue on the galaxy nexus. You can use a toothpick to carefully pry the flat metal piece gently (inside the port) and prevent it from touching the metal surface of the port. There are lots of threads that discuss about this problem. Last resort, you can replace the port component available on ebay. Good Luck!
    Thanked by:
    Jonneh likes this.

The only problem I've had on my play store Gnex is pretty severe lag in the response of the home button, keyboard and opening of certain apps like GVoice. I'm running stock and unrooted 4.2.

One thing that did help significantly with my issues was to disable Currents and reboot. This has been suggested several other places and it did help for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Galaxy Nexus: i9250XXLH1
    Kernel: 3.0.31-gd5a18e0
    Build: jop40d
    Adroid 4.2.1

Sometimes while i still using the phone, Whats-app, text message and so on, the screen become very bright that become completely black. You can feel that is active the touch but you cannot see nothing.
    If you try to turn off or click the on/off button to recover the screen the phone is freeze.
    You need to remove the battery to restart.

This problem appears after 4.2.1 android update.

Quote Originally Posted by mihirbellare View Post
    I upgraded my gsm gnex to 4.2 just last week. I never had this problem before. The screen just goes black. I have to pull my battery off to get it back working. But this happens really often. Its getting really irritating. I am in love with my Gnex. Hope google releases a update with the fix soon.

seems a reported bug, thaty i've too
    Issue 40736 - android - android 4.2 black screen on Galaxy Nexus - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

"to solve black screen of death" turn animations to 0.5x in developer menu.

Hi guys.
    Could some of you guys solve my problem on my Nexus?
    I've just upgraded my phone from Jellybean 4.1.1 to 4.2 stock.
    Rebooting goes fast and smoothly, but I can't unlock it.
    When I have to enter my pin there's no 'ok' button or something to confirm my pin.
    So I'm stuck at the beginning... My phone is useless right now.
    Does some of you guys know how to solve this?
    Or should I downgrade it back to 4.1 Jellybean?

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what to do.

Greetings.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Keep trying to get in then you'll get the option of logging in through your Google account.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I also mourn the loss of Live Effects in Movie Studio after the upgrade to 4.2.2. kinnetics1, did you ever get a reply? I've been looking around to see if there is any way to install the original version, but can't seem to find any information.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KlineAJ View Post
    Hello,

I have also noticed from a security standpoint of a company that it no longer enforces security settings from Exchange (email) such as passwords and pins for the lock screen. I now have to look into this deeper for my workplace as that is now an issue (although personally I really like the freedom of just sliding to unlock, seems so much more...breathable.)

Let us begin the GROUP THINK.
    No lag so far, just my bluetooth wont turn on (it immediately goes back off). Not hardware because BT was working about 2 minutes before the update occurred (was on the phone with it)..

I've noticed the opposite with security... Mine updated from the prior factory load.. I have a VPN on my phone... In the prior load, it would tell you that you 'must have pin security turned on' due to certificate storage.. but after you setup the VPN you could set the phone back to a swipe to unlock and everything was fine. In 4.2x after I configure the VPN it locks out the swipe to unlock unless I clear all certs... so they apparently fixed a bug in that part...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12