wireless streaming?

keilflex

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
just wanted to hear if anyone has done this yet with either their gnex or nex 7. and which adapter is necessary. how good does it work?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
you mean miracast or DLNA movie streaming.

Miracast wont come to Gnexus or Nexus 7 at least from what i am reading from the internet.

for DLNA download the dlna app and connect to DLNA compatible device.

canterp

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
where did you read this?

Fact is, I can find nothing conclusive on Miracast or how it works in 4.2.
The only Google literature I can find touts 4.2 as Miracast enabled and makes no distinction about what devices it will, or will not, work on.

If you could target something offical to read about Mircast and 4.2, i would be grateful.

canterp

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
disappointing , Miracast in 4.2 is a myth. Months away, at best.

The holy grail is seemless interface with TV by tablet and Phone. We all just want to turn on Miracast and see our screen on our 55" HD TV's.

Android 4.1 & 2 has been a step backwards with respect to TV interface, i at least had a remote control app which worked before Jelly Bean. My Samsung Remote App which worked with ICS no longer works and I am relegated to typing (on smart TV) with my TV remote.

Now Miracast does nothing.

Apple is light years ahead and they don't false advertise quite as much as Google.

My 1.5 year old laptop with Intel WiDi (Intel Wireless Display) interfaces to the TV but not my brand new Android 4.2 Nexus 10 or Galaxy Nexus with 4.2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair