Notification turns screen on

Signewton

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
After getting the 4.2 update I noticed every time I get a notification be it text email, etc the screen automatically turns on. I've looked through my apps and I don't have anything checked to turn the screen on automatically. Guess it's something with the update.

Anyone else notice? For some reason it's annoying me

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

arathkone

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've not had this happen.

There was a post on here, someone who used GoSMS and the option to turn screen on was ticked. Are you using a third party launcher with custom notifications or an email client or similar?

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
There are a few times where it would be nice to have the screen light up. Most times however, the notification LED is enough for me. OP, I recommend checking your apps as well. I'm running bone stock 4.2 with Apex launcher, and my screen does NOT light up when receiving notifications.

Signewton

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. I'm using Go Sms but the screen on box isn't ticked. Might be a bug with that.

arathkone

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. I'm using Go Sms but the screen on box isn't ticked. Might be a bug with that.

I'd suggest doing a clear cache/data and/or uninstalling GoSMS and reinstalling. As you say could just be a bug.

Signewton

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I did a full reset to fix some other things and it's still doing it. I suppose it could be a convenient thing

arathkone

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I noticed it mentioned on Android Police in their 4.2 bug roundup so it may not be an app!

I did notice lightflow has the option to turn screen on while I was playing with it the other day and while it's an excellent app it has a history of being a bit unhappy with new Android releases so it might be worth considering?

Signewton

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I do use light flow and didn't even consider that. I did read the AP post which made me feel a bit better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000