Email push settings

luckyplanet

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
About a month to a month and a half ago, I developed this problem on my Email(not Gmail) app set up for my Exchange account: mail would occasionally not be pushed automatically and I would have to open the email app to fetch all the emails. There is no pattern that I am able to figure out when this automatic push does not work. Sometimes mail gets pushed and everything works great but at other times i would have gotten 6-7 emails and none would have gotten pushed. Rebooting the phone temporarily fixes this. First I thought this was a server side problem so I downloaded Touchdown(trial version) and had it run on the same account alongside. Touchdown is able to show all emails as they are pushed whereas sometimes the native email app fails to do so. Gmail is also able to push emails to my Gmail app at all times without any problems. Touchdown interface is ok but I actually like the stock email interface a whole lot better. Anything I can do to fix this?

Currently running android 4.2.

luckyplanet

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Have done both before and the problem still came back.

edit: since the problem most likely started after the JB update, is there a way to delete the email.apk from 4.2 and install the email.apk from 4.0?

mocafrappacino

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem with the Nexus4 (4.2 JB) with the GMAIL app.

I still have the problem emails are not being pushed. I tried the following that only became a temp fix:

1.) Re-adding accounts
2.) Ensuring Auto-Sync is on
3.) Clearing Cache
4.) Uninstalling updates

It is frustrating as I have to manually tell my phone to sync in order to see if I got any new email.

I even timed my syncs and sometimes the Gmail App would not sync for 2-3 hours from my last manual sync time.

Any assistance to this would be great?

T