WiFi conectivity issues, help needed.

Joseph Best

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, I hope this post finds you all in great peace and health.
I did the OTA update for my Galaxy Nexus and ever since I have not been able to connect to my home WiFi network. I use CLEAR home 4G.

If anyone has a suggestion that can help the situation, your advice is much needed.

Thanks in advance!

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried another wifi connection and not just your home to see if you can connect?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you need to maybe do a power cycle on your router and or modem. Other then that I did a search and have seen no other kinds of problems with anyone else like you are having.

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Unplug the modem and router for 30 seconds, plug back in and let it reconnect. Then reconnect on your device.

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem. My gnex will connect to my wifi but after a while it will disconnect while being idle. All my other devices will stay connected but my gnex will get (booted off) the network...but my network will allow up to 11 devices to be connected. I only have 3 devices that use the network. Anyone relate?

**EDIT: and yes I have the setting on when wifi is always on.

Sent from my Nexus 7

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure if this corrects the issues others are experiencing, but I disabled WiFi optimization under the advanced settings menu in the WiFi settings and that seems to prevent the WiFi turning Grey after a period of inactivity.

(Settings - > WiFi -> Menu - > Advanced - > Uncheck WiFi Optimization)

Dan

Joseph Best

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure if this corrects the issues others are experiencing, but I disabled WiFi optimization under the advanced settings menu in the WiFi settings and that seems to prevent the WiFi turning Grey after a period of inactivity.

(Settings - > WiFi -> Menu - > Advanced - > Uncheck WiFi Optimization)

Dan

WORKED! Thanks!