Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM

Default Group Text in 4.2?

I know group texting had not worked in previous versions of the stock Android messaging app but it seems to be working on my GNex with 4.2 and finaly creates a separate conversation with all replies going to that thread. I don't think I tried mass texting with 4.1.2 and only found this today. Can anyone else confirm this? I haven't seen anything written about it.

Default Re: Group Text in 4.2?

Quote Originally Posted by tcournoy View Post
    I know group texting had not worked in previous versions of the stock Android messaging app but it seems to be working on my GNex with 4.2 and finaly creates a separate conversation with all replies going to that thread. I don't think I tried mass texting with 4.1.2 and only found this today. Can anyone else confirm this? I haven't seen anything written about it.
    I have not seen that anywhere stating that jelly bean update will resolve this. What i do know is the only android phones that will do mass texting (reply all in same thread) are the motorola atrix phones as their moto blur skin offers it standard in the text settings. Google needs to add this feature to all android devices.

Quote Originally Posted by tdsweetwheels View Post
    I have not seen that anywhere stating that jelly bean update will resolve this. What i do know is the only android phones that will do mass texting (reply all in same thread) are the motorola atrix phones as their moto blur skin offers it standard in the text settings. Google needs to add this feature to all android devices.
    The poster just said it is working on his phone.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by tcournoy View Post
    yes, group texting is enabled with 4.2. i saw a few other posting about this.